cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LivekernelEvent - win32k.sys

sde444
Level 10
Yesterday i get weird issue on Windows 10 when closing system. When i click close system ( turn off pc ) , system closed fine, pc closed fine. But next time when i booted to Windows 10 it boots fine but event log register that system goes off from sleep mode. Pc register livekernelevent: win32k.sys but there was not bluescreen i dont saw a bluescreen. So question. It is related to my hardware or system? LivekernelEvent - win32k.sys - it is related to hardware issue? But why i dont saw a bluescreen and windows only report this?

*Memtest86 no errors.

Games are not crashing.

*Windows 10 ,newest Anniversary update.
*PC:
6700k stock
*Asus Z170-P
*Corsair 750
*16GB DDR4 Kingston
*Gtx 1080
5 REPLIES 5

Nate152
Hi sde444

Check in the windows power options, on the left choose what the power buttons do - When I press the power button " Shut Down".

Check sleep is set to Never.

http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-enable-or-disable-sleep-mode-in-windows-10/

sde444
Level 10
Event viewer report: livekernelevent: win32k.sys its related to hardware or software?

It only happens when you shutdown the system, if you restart nothing happens. What could it be? Maybe a BUG? because it does not display any BSODs or works strange. It works fine but this shows up in the event log. Can you help me?

Nate152
Try doing a system restore to when your pc was ok, you could have corrupted files.

sde444
Level 10
It happened once, i am not able to reproduce. Ignore?

Now closing system and no kernel live event in Windows folder.

Nate152
Yeah you can ignore it, I get things like that in windows event viewer too and my pc is fine.

In fact I have thousands of them lol.