So I have ROG MAXIMUS VI Formula

The complete build is

I 4770K
16gb Ram Corsair Dominator
850 watt thermaltyke PSU
GTX 760
Samsung SSD 250 Gb
WD Cavier Black 1TB HDD

Now my problem is simple, quite benign 100% cosmetic. The ROG LOGO light has stopped the heartbeat effect and remains on all the time sans lighting effect. I have done everything I could in the BIOS to make it resume fuctioning. I just really thought that was super cool and would like it to return...

Is the a result of having an aftermarket cpu fan?

Cooler Master Hyper 212..

If this post doesn't belong here grant me forgiveness PLEASE...

Please im open to all suggestions... thank you for your time.
5 REPLIES 5

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Hello and welcome to the ROG Forums, to answer your question i'll suggest that if you have an OC in place, write all your changes down and then simply hit F5 and then F10 to save and reboot. Does this change the effect?

I have restored the entire board to stock settings now. There is no discernible difference. But if I use the Clear Cmos
button next the the ROG Connect button the pulsation resumes until i reboot the mother board and windows although as soon as i power down again the light remains solid again.

Tokens210
Level 10
I have the same board and as I know the republic of gamers logo is supposed to remain solid

The heartbeat effect is only when the board is asleep/hibernation or if it lost power for seeming no reason such as house lost power

The setting in the bios labeled pulse effect is for the republic of gamers logo in the bios itself that has the pulse glow go from left to right while your in the bios

At least that's what I believe as my logo has never pulsed unless my house lost power or my PC was in sleep mode

The manual even lists under the ROG Effects section that rog pulse is for the Rog logo animation in the bios itself

Onboard led controls the start,reset and motherboard rog logo

Then supreme fx lighting which this version of the board doesn't have since it has armor
CoolerMaster HAF 932 Advanced/ Maximus VI Formula/ I7-4770K/Swiftech H320/ Corsair HX850/ G.Skill Trident X (2x8) 16gb 2400MHz/ 2x 840 EVO 120gb(Raid 0)/ WD 1TB HDD (Backup/Storage)/ EVGA GTX 1gb 560 TI/ Asus 12x bluray combo

let me clarify. That's what im saying when it's asleep or or powered down it doesn't the led doesn't have the heartbeat effect ( i said pulse for lack of another way to describe it.) at all, I'm aware the ROG pulse in the Bios is for the ROG
logo in the upper right corner not the MOBO Logo LED.

KMandalore
Level 7
I still haven't solved this problem but i have learned more about the anomaly. The ROG Heartbeat works but only if I
a) completely power down the Machine and then hit the power switch.
b) powerdown the machine using shut down and unplug it and plug it back in.

But upon repowering the machine the Heart beat effectively stops. Unless I repeat a or b. does anyone have a clue as to why this is occurring..