cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kasperysky 2013 ROG - New Version for Windows 8.1?

Denta80
Level 7
Hello, a new version for Windows 8.1 comes out? That would be super!
In kaspersky forum write few to appear a new version on the 18th of October for windows 8.1. Is this true for the ROG version?
16 REPLIES 16

Krab19
Level 7
If there is an update for Kaspersky 2013 I do not see why you wouldn't get it. The installation that came with the motherboard cd should be the same as what you can get online, just with the one year license built in. So the version of Kaspersky you have is not ROG specific.
Lana:
Asus Maximus VI Formula | Intel Core i7 4770K | Corsair H100i
ASUS GTX 780 DCII | Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x8GB 1866 Mhz | Corsair Air 540
Samsung 840 Pro | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair AX760

brkdncr
Level 7
Kaspersky 2013 is not compatible with Windows 8.1 and is uninstalled during the upgrade process. Kaspersky 2014 is compatible, but the license for Asus doesn't appear to be transferable.

brkdncr wrote:
Kaspersky 2013 is not compatible with Windows 8.1 and is uninstalled during the upgrade process. Kaspersky 2014 is compatible, but the license for Asus doesn't appear to be transferable.

So, essentially, we need to buy a new license? Man, why did I hop on the upgrade bandwagon.
Maximus VI Hero | i4670k @ 4.4 Ghz | CM Hyper 212 | Mushkin Blackline 2x4GB | XFX DD 7950 (incoming 780ti) | Antec HCP 750W | Fractal Design Core 3000 | Dell U2410

urco123
Level 7
I have two codes and don't even use them 😄

Roflmaopwnage
Level 7
confirming what brkdncr said. this is seriously annoying as the setup for windows 8.1 didnt even warn us that some programs as essential as our antivirus arent compatible with win 8.1...
i hope you guys at ROG Asus can work something out with the guys at Kaspersky. Lost 9 months of subscription so im currently sitting with Kaspersky 14ab on a trial license...

Good to know this before I upgrade my system. Not that I really care about included antivirus, but if it's free it's free. When I see if they iron something out with Kaspersky I'll start my license goin'.

Roflmaopwnage
Level 7
any news on this? could someone from ROG leave a reply to let us know if we have to seek alternative solutions or if a solution to the problem will be ready before trials, etc, run out?

Praz
Level 13
Normally OEM agreements allow for the software version at time of contract only. I would not expect a free update to be released in this instance.

Roflmaopwnage
Level 7
but how are we as users expected to know that the software wouldnt work on win 8.1? neither Asus nor Microsoft warned us about this (one could argue that, that isnt Asus job) like Microsoft did back when users upgraded to win 7 or win 8. You had warnings which contained a list of programs that would most likely be incompatible with the new OS, but win 8.1 did not offer that...