cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just want to say....

Xtreme-Performa
Level 7
Thank you all for helping me with my RIG!! It's working now.. no more problems with GPU etc... I pretty much needed the USB flash drive even if it did say 1305 was a successfully installed on E.Z. Utility Flash BIOS. Especially HiVizMan...
🙂
Although I'm still having problems with the RAM... it only still shows both in BIOS, CMOS and System Win 7 Ultimate OS that it's only 6GB when it's 8GB...

I'm just curious, can I switch all 4 RAM kit instead of the Red Lanes like A1 B1 C1 D1 can I just put them in A2 B2 C2 D2??
I wanna test it if it's one of the Lanes are the problem... If so I may require a RMA for the board? If I want to later use all 8 RAM or Dimm lanes for 64GB?

I wanted to upgrade to ASUS GTX either 570 or 580 Ti but if SLI works when you have 2 SLI that's both 560 Ti but I heard it requires the same manufacture? When 2 different 560 Ti should be the same since it uses the same Nvidia GPU Drivers?

I think that's my only concern now that I'm able to see a display on my HDTV instead of Black Screen.

Although I noticed a lot of the programs to check the PC componants isn't compatible to my screen resolution...
So I'm inquiring if there's anyone that could suggest a reccomended Display Resolution Settings so I may able to properly use the applications that came with R4E? Like MemTweakit AI Suite II etc...? I noticed even E-Hammer and E-Green that I purchased from Asus Blu-ray RE drive isn't able to use the program properly without the right resolution settings...

Otherwise I could try to figure it out but I would think it may not be compatible with HDMI...

Thank you for the reply in advance... :cool:
ASUS Entheustic <3r MOBO RIG: First RIG first custom built myself...
Antec Darkfleet-80 (Antec said it's a new Full Tower ATX.. and also said copied from other ATX..) / Rampage 4 Extreme / Intel i7-3820 (hope to upgrade to i7-3960X but cannot afford on budget atm...) / EVGA 560 Ti OC 256-bit 1GB 4-way SLI Kingston XMP 8 GB 2400 mhz DDR3 / Cool Masters 1000w PSU / Phantek European design Heatsink for LGA 2011 /ASUS Blu-ray Drive / Seagate SSHD 500GB Momentus XT Win 7 64-bit Ultimate / AutoCad2000
4 REPLIES 4

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hey man no problem.

Ok lets sort your remaining issues out. I am going to start with the ram and sort one at a time yeah. Can't multi task for sh1t mate. 😛

Here is how you test each and every dimm slot of your motherboard.

Download Memtest 4.2 and put it onto your USB stick. 🙂

Take all your ram out.

Place one stick in the furtherest slot from your CPU.

Pop the USB stick with memtest into your motherboard IN/OUT or where ever you have access to a working USB port.

In BIOS select your USB stick as your first boot option.

F10 and enter.

memtest will start

let it run two successful passes before you exit and more your stick that passed two cycles to the next ram slot.

Power up and let memtest do its thing.

Repeat until all the slots are completed and record if any have errors.

Post back when done and we will move on.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Xtreme-Performa
Level 7
Okay Thanks ill try it out after I install the rest of softwares to my hard drive... I actually had multiple problems like Digi+ and other programs that I have on the ASUS support Disc and website of ASUS.com it said most of them doesn't work in R4E model. And I've tried to look for some CPU-Z and Level Up on the Manual but I couldn't find it like the ASUS commercial of 2 young kids playing head to head competition.

I found later on that I needed to enable the CPU Level up on my CMOS, yet everytime I CPU Level up to 3.8ghz to 3.9ghz or 4.1ghz it powers down my PC everytime I select it... And I enable the xtream tweak and enable the cpu power management to profile of whatever programmed to the BIOS.

It's a fascinating and fun learning experience of how many voltage I require to increase the speed. So far I was able to increase my DDR3-2400 to 1866 and 1600mhz but when I tried 2133 the OS couldn't accept it so I had to tapper the speed down to 2133...

This is a fascinating motherboard.. it's my first build so I'm actually enjoying learning experience. After all no ones perfect, but as a human being through out the ages from billions of years ago as a prehistoric cave man we humans have the ability to adapt in survival instinct situations... Sorry for my bad explanation... But it shows our talent is the ability to adapt in situations, And it's through trials and errors that we become almost perfect... If god is a form of idealist of perfect. Then we consider ourself almost perfect because it's through the learning process of learning from mistakes that we perfect ourselves.

And it's through my "Journey" of learning experience of making mistakes that strives me to improve to become hence "almost perfect"...
I guess my experience is my enlightenment through re-learning custom build rigs... Bro!! Lifes just keeps getting better and better.

Well that's my expression of tinkering with ASUS motherboard if I learn from my mistakes... and improve in it I feel self-accomplish because I reach my own personal goal in life... Which is ignificant to other peoples perspective and idealism but they have they have their right to their own opinion but otherwise it's irrelevent because it's a personal goal which they don't matter. That does not matter to me as long as I feel good on my own I feel self-accomplish after all it's my own personal goal.

It's my own inspiration (as a graphic artist freelancer) and certainly because of ASUS impressive motherboards it certainly gave me the passion for learning overclocking PCs...

Is there another version of Digi+ and Memtweak and GPUTweak? Because it's a strange error I'm receiving in my message that this version is not available for this model...

Yet I received the CD from the motherboard when I purchased an open box item from Amazon (technically my itch with Amazon.com is I purchased it ("Brand New"...)

This is why it should be sealed then vendors won't get blamed for if someone could've switch the softwares (or here's the paranoia alternate scenario lol they burned a copy and they burn a old version of the program that's why it said this software isn't compatible with this motherboard... even though the CD support came with the motherboard... I think someones bad joke of pranking when people purchase it with money...) I'm just recreating a scenario that people would think and comment in a paranoia perspective... lmfao...

Thanks again HiVizMan You the MAN!!!
Antec Darkfleet-80 (Antec said it's a new Full Tower ATX.. and also said copied from other ATX..) / Rampage 4 Extreme / Intel i7-3820 (hope to upgrade to i7-3960X but cannot afford on budget atm...) / EVGA 560 Ti OC 256-bit 1GB 4-way SLI Kingston XMP 8 GB 2400 mhz DDR3 / Cool Masters 1000w PSU / Phantek European design Heatsink for LGA 2011 /ASUS Blu-ray Drive / Seagate SSHD 500GB Momentus XT Win 7 64-bit Ultimate / AutoCad2000

HiVizMan
Level 40
Let me install that evil software 🙂 and see if it works on my system and then I will send you the link of where I downloaded it from. At least that way I will know it works before I send it to you.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Let me install that evil software 🙂 and see if it works on my system and then I will send you the link of where I downloaded it from. At least that way I will know it works before I send it to you.

lmfao sorry for making up paranoid scenarios haha... I think I've been living in my community were they're affecting my perspective... I gotta move on to a different location were the natives are nicer...

And I'd appreciate it for your help and advice. I know it's fun playing with my hardware... but I'm going no where as far as these bugs I've got in my system... At least so far I don't have any malware as of late... the last malware I've got was from my dell gx620 lol downloaded the Windows Defender update and 15 virus from a notepad that has less then 1kb ...

At least my backup plan worked lol... I purchased this software that lets you erase from 1-100 passes of different algorythm of zeros and ones to a and b or different combination of other types for increased encrypted security and then erased the HDD and then reinstall from backup external drive.

But the problem is I don't know the extensive damage it'll bring if I delete partition and reformat it multiple times if there's a side effects to deleting OS and virus mulitple times until the HDD no longer can function...

I even purchased this software because it said it's approved from different government countries from all over the world including different professors... And it advertised that the Department of Defense has approve this software to be effective when it comes to erasing data on HDD completely without leaving any trace on the data... (like personal information that people can retrieve)

It's called Drive Erase Pro "Total Privacy Protection"

8504http://www.novadevelopment.com/software/drive-erase-pro-129003