cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just tried windows8 dev on CHV

Yuhuyu
Level 7
hi guys this post to talk about the new windows 8 dev runing on the CHV, ive just install the W8dev and all i can say is that is so great the metro interface is so cool and the start up is fast.... so people lets say me yout xperience with that.
sorry for my bad english
13 REPLIES 13

Yuhuyu
Level 7
here is the link of the windows 8 dev http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/apps/br229516 :cool:

slaytus
Level 10
sweet gonna try it out
Thanks for posting this 🙂
-|[ Clear Case ]|-
-|[ ASUS R.O.G. Crosshair III Formula ]|-
-|[ AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE 3.4GHZ (stock fan) ]|-
-|[ Corsair Vengeance 16GB 4X4GB DDR3-1600 ]|-
-|[ ASUS Radeon HD 6950 DirectCU II 2GB (o.c. 870MHZ) ]|-
-|[ Corsair Pro Series HX1050 ]|-
-|[ Eyefinity 3x ASUS 21.5" LED 1080P (running at 5982X1080) ]|- ...Building

^With a medium Budget^
next in line:
*SSD * EXT. BluerayRW * Corsair H100

Retired
Not applicable
nice thank you for the info 😃 faster than windows 7 ? very nice!

TechJackass88
Level 7
Ok, downloading, but definetely running in sandboxed VM, and for all folks who got tempted with installing this, do yourself a favor, install a VM copy before trying on hardware, Oracle VM supports 64 bit virtualization, excelent choice for trying new stuff. your nice warm anf fuzzy personalized copy of 7 (presumably) with all kinks worked out doesn't worth being bothered, even with installation to another partition...
My ROG: MOBO: ASUS Crosshair V Formula | CPU: AMD 1100T Black Edition (O/C 4.125 GHz) | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 4x4 GB (PC12800 842 MHz) | PSU: Rosewill 1000W 80+ Bronse
GPU: 2xEVGA GTX 560Ti 2GB VRAM | Primary HDD: Samsung 470S 128 GB SSD | Secondary HDD's: 3x WD Caviar Green 2TB Non Raid | ODD: Samsung BD-R/DVD-RW
Cooling: CPU: Corsair H5O with Push Pull Scythe Slipstream fans | Rest: GELID Ultra quiet closed loop fans. | Control: Zalman ZM-MFC2

Retired
Not applicable
its good.. can that be right?

Cyrekk
Level 10
I am going to be throwing this on an old machine soon to check it out. I will post my thoughts when I do. Everyone just bear in mind that this is Dev Rev, the final product could be quite different in the end.
New member? Introduce yourself here, learn a little of what we are about here, and refer to some simple rules here.
Though typically not required or enforced, here is a list of guidelines on proper forum etiquette.
[Work in progress]
The Crosshair GENE will come! - Show your support HERE!
SYSTEM SPECS

TechJackass88
Level 7
Well, I just installed it in VM, very, very snappy and might be the reason for me to buy a new tablet, but at this point I will be doing some seriouos test driving before I will even think about it or it's derivative becoming my primary OS. more coming soon, but so far haven't crashed yet.
My ROG: MOBO: ASUS Crosshair V Formula | CPU: AMD 1100T Black Edition (O/C 4.125 GHz) | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 4x4 GB (PC12800 842 MHz) | PSU: Rosewill 1000W 80+ Bronse
GPU: 2xEVGA GTX 560Ti 2GB VRAM | Primary HDD: Samsung 470S 128 GB SSD | Secondary HDD's: 3x WD Caviar Green 2TB Non Raid | ODD: Samsung BD-R/DVD-RW
Cooling: CPU: Corsair H5O with Push Pull Scythe Slipstream fans | Rest: GELID Ultra quiet closed loop fans. | Control: Zalman ZM-MFC2

TechJackass88 wrote:
Well, I just installed it in VM, very, very snappy and might be the reason for me to buy a new tablet, but at this point I will be doing some seriouos test driving before I will even think about it or it's derivative becoming my primary OS. more coming soon, but so far haven't crashed yet.

I am really excited for Zacate powered Windows 8 tablets. Likely 2nd gen Zacate. I really hope that ASUS decides to make one, if not ASUS then Lenovo. I would hate to go anywhere else for it.
New member? Introduce yourself here, learn a little of what we are about here, and refer to some simple rules here.
Though typically not required or enforced, here is a list of guidelines on proper forum etiquette.
[Work in progress]
The Crosshair GENE will come! - Show your support HERE!
SYSTEM SPECS

TechJackass88
Level 7
are you referring to AMD C50 or it direct relative? those some nice processors, I had a chance to test drive Acer W500 for a bit, and besides W7 having hard time with touch interface it turned out fairly decent little tab... my main concern, all x86 systems are power hungry, unless someone steps up and brings out long promised low power chip with core suspension, 8-10 hour of battery life with a weeks worth of sleep will remain a dream, I'd be better off with iPad (loved mine, but sold it as a bundle with macbook, got a good deal out of it tho) or Android tablet with ARM core linux on it...
back to the chase, as of now, I don't see me using it as primary OS, way too many changes and not flexible enough, need to dig trough registry and see what's up, but here it is, so far runs good on single core with a gig of ram, later on I will try to make a post that makes more sense, maybe with CPU load charts.
again folks, warning you, use VM for your own good.