cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just advice what Asus should change in UEFI AUTO settings

Melkor
Level 7
Hello,

Just as title says there is one problem with Auto settings for me, it's great sometimes they work as they should but funny part it is makes me feeling that overclocking is actually more time consuming than it should. Why You would ask? After some overclock fail I actually begin to think what should I change, and I would love to know what AUTO setting are actually set to at the current moment - is it so hard to make for example "Internal PLL Overvoltage AUTO" make display "Internal PLL Overvoltage AUTO (Enabled)" or "CPU Load-line Calibration AUTO" to make it showing "CPU Load-line Calibration AUTO (LEVEL8)"? I mean it's nice there are auto rules but make us know what it does actually do because for example if my settings at one clocks - 4.4Ghz/4.5Ghz works great on Auto rules and when I change clock to 4.6Ghz Auto rules are changing and in case of overclock fail I must tweak further and I have no idea if they are making overclock settings too much conservative or way too much extreme in CPU Power Management or Digi+ Power Control. Every CPU is different, right? So make it at least so easier to know what actually going on.

Even on stable overclock with voltages set by me as every overclocker I have the need for tweak further to see if I can gain more performance. Imagine how life would be easier if You could see if changing setting in Power Management, Digi+ Power Control or Tweakers Paradise from AUTO to any other setting is actually making any difference if it may be set to same value under AUTO as You're changing manually which results not in tweaking further but in time wasted because only way to know that would be running a lot of tests to check any performance gain.
0 REPLIES 0