cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues With Rampage Formula IV, LED CODE 00, and CPU_LED stays in RED.

Xtremed
Level 7
Hi guys, just checking with you if you have any suggestions to solve this situation... Yesterday arrived my New PC, a 3930k, Formula IV, and a kit of G Skill Ripjaws Z 2133. I used the X socket, to use my Apogee XT.

After i assembled the PC, i found that it doesn't Post, only stays in Code 00, and the CPU_LED stays red.

I updated bios, using the USB feature to the last one, (didn't work).
After that i left only one memory on the MB, (didn't work)
I removed everything else, leaving only the cpu. (didn't work).

After that i got the card out of the case, to check if it was something wrong, checked everything else (PSU cables, etc) still the same issue.

It seems, i have a DOA Motherboard, but i want to verify all this first, maybe today with a friend, (he has a rampage Extreme IV), so if my cpu works in his MB, its the MB that its DOA.

BTW i also did some suggestions other members did in this forums, (The Q-Reset, L2n switch thing).

Im a little worried because im in Venezuela, and its a pebble in the shoe to do all the RMA process, so i prefer if i can solve this! I would appreciate any help!

Thanks.
Intel Core I9 9900K @ 5.0ghz || Noctua D15S || ASUS Z390-F
32 GB Corsair LPX 3200 (16-18-18-36 @ 1.35V)
Asus 3080 TUF Gaming OC || Acer Predator X34" @ 3440x1440
Samsung 970 EVO 512GB || Adata SX8200 Pro 2TB
3TB WD Caviar Green (Media Drive)
Creative SB ZX Sound Card || Kingston HyperX Cloud II
Logitech G910 Keyboard || Logitech Proteus Core G502 || Logitech G29 + Shifter
CM H500P Mesh White || PSU NZXT C850
12,517 Views
12 REPLIES 12

Martini
Level 7
My experiences with RED CPU LED was that P4 cable for CPU power was not connected. But as far as I remember LED debug code was empty. You may also try P8 cable. Probably u already did this :S

Xtremed wrote:
Hi guys, just checking with you if you have any suggestions to solve this situation... Yesterday arrived my New PC, a 3930k, Formula IV, and a kit of G Skill Ripjaws Z 2133. I used the X socket, to use my Apogee XT.

After i assembled the PC, i found that it doesn't Post, only stays in Code 00, and the CPU_LED stays red.

I updated bios, using the USB feature to the last one, (didn't work).
After that i left only one memory on the MB, (didn't work)
I removed everything else, leaving only the cpu. (didn't work).

After that i got the card out of the case, to check if it was something wrong, checked everything else (PSU cables, etc) still the same issue.

It seems, i have a DOA Motherboard, but i want to verify all this first, maybe today with a friend, (he has a rampage Extreme IV), so if my cpu works in his MB, its the MB that its DOA.

BTW i also did some suggestions other members did in this forums, (The Q-Reset, L2n switch thing).

Im a little worried because im in Venezuela, and its a pebble in the shoe to do all the RMA process, so i prefer if i can solve this! I would appreciate any help!

Thanks.

Zka17
Level 16
Yeap, double check the power cables! Be sure that both the 24 pin mobo power and 8 pin CPU power connectors are seated well (this mobo doesn't have the auxiliary 4 pin connector for CPU). On the other side, be sure that your PSU is working... try to switch the CPU power cable on it if there is a possibility for that...

The bad news is that if there were power issues, the BIOS update may have failed... that mobo has dual BIOS, so it may worth trying to switch to the other one... (if the power issues are resolved)

Zka17 wrote:
Yeap, double check the power cables! Be sure that both the 24 pin mobo power and 8 pin CPU power connectors are seated well (this mobo doesn't have the auxiliary 4 pin connector for CPU). On the other side, be sure that your PSU is working... try to switch the CPU power cable on it if there is a possibility for that...

The bad news is that if there were power issues, the BIOS update may have failed... that mobo has dual BIOS, so it may worth trying to switch to the other one... (if the power issues are resolved)


Well i re-check everything... but i found the problem, it seems two or three pins on the 2011 socket are bent.. i dont know what to do... try to fix them (Using a magnifying glass, and a needle?) or RMA the card to Newegg (but im outside the US in Venezuela, so it's a little complex)
Intel Core I9 9900K @ 5.0ghz || Noctua D15S || ASUS Z390-F
32 GB Corsair LPX 3200 (16-18-18-36 @ 1.35V)
Asus 3080 TUF Gaming OC || Acer Predator X34" @ 3440x1440
Samsung 970 EVO 512GB || Adata SX8200 Pro 2TB
3TB WD Caviar Green (Media Drive)
Creative SB ZX Sound Card || Kingston HyperX Cloud II
Logitech G910 Keyboard || Logitech Proteus Core G502 || Logitech G29 + Shifter
CM H500P Mesh White || PSU NZXT C850

Xtremed wrote:
Well i re-check everything... but i found the problem, it seems two or three pins on the 2011 socket are bent.. i dont know what to do... try to fix them (Using a magnifying glass, and a needle?) or RMA the card to Newegg (but im outside the US in Venezuela, so it's a little complex)


I think if there only 2 or 3 pins bent, I would try to realign them... if it won't work, you still can RMA it... - just be try gentler, don't scratch anything with the needle!

Well after a lot of test, i RMA'd the card... but i asked for a complete refund... im going to buy another brand (It seems an EVGA FTW) they have a better quality control.. (and better support too)

I always had Asus Motherboards, but after reading all the problems people had... i decided to pass with this Motherboards...
Don't worry Asus i still have one 680 of your brand xD

Thanks to the guys that tried to help.. I really appreciate the help!
have a nice day!
Intel Core I9 9900K @ 5.0ghz || Noctua D15S || ASUS Z390-F
32 GB Corsair LPX 3200 (16-18-18-36 @ 1.35V)
Asus 3080 TUF Gaming OC || Acer Predator X34" @ 3440x1440
Samsung 970 EVO 512GB || Adata SX8200 Pro 2TB
3TB WD Caviar Green (Media Drive)
Creative SB ZX Sound Card || Kingston HyperX Cloud II
Logitech G910 Keyboard || Logitech Proteus Core G502 || Logitech G29 + Shifter
CM H500P Mesh White || PSU NZXT C850

Well Newegg didn't respond for the RMA, because they alleged for Physical Damage, now... because of those bent pins, and the bad Quality Control of Asus, im having this issue and i can lose, 360$.

I Tried to contact some asus consultant, via Chat and the system never connected somebody, i already sent a request via Email, because i don't want to spend more money sending the MB to Asus, if they aren't going to give me a new replacement.

If any Asus consultant can contact me via this forum i would really appreciate it.. any help would be great.
Thanks!
Intel Core I9 9900K @ 5.0ghz || Noctua D15S || ASUS Z390-F
32 GB Corsair LPX 3200 (16-18-18-36 @ 1.35V)
Asus 3080 TUF Gaming OC || Acer Predator X34" @ 3440x1440
Samsung 970 EVO 512GB || Adata SX8200 Pro 2TB
3TB WD Caviar Green (Media Drive)
Creative SB ZX Sound Card || Kingston HyperX Cloud II
Logitech G910 Keyboard || Logitech Proteus Core G502 || Logitech G29 + Shifter
CM H500P Mesh White || PSU NZXT C850

You have to remember that when tightening down your heat sink on the socket 2011 boards your can't torque the screws because it will apply to much pressure on the CPU and damage the pins. Just like the video says finger tight is good. Too much torque and your done for on this socket. I say that because I noticed you said you switched to the x socket to use a 1366 cooler. No matter what board you get you can't torque down the cooler because it WILL bend the pins on this one.

Xtremed wrote:
Well after a lot of test, i RMA'd the card... but i asked for a complete refund... im going to buy another brand (It seems an EVGA FTW) they have a better quality control.. (and better support too)

I always had Asus Motherboards, but after reading all the problems people had... i decided to pass with this Motherboards...
Don't worry Asus i still have one 680 of your brand xD

Thanks to the guys that tried to help.. I really appreciate the help!
have a nice day!

nighthawk wrote:
You have to remember that when tightening down your heat sink on the socket 2011 boards your can't torque the screws because it will apply to much pressure on the CPU and damage the pins. Just like the video says finger tight is good. Too much torque and your done for on this socket. I say that because I noticed you said you switched to the x socket to use a 1366 cooler. No matter what board you get you can't torque down the cooler because it WILL bend the pins on this one.


Thanks for your advice, but this board arrived with bent pins... its bad luck i guess, also i didn't torque the screws too much, just the normal with my hand, just for the first run. and it didn't boot too.

But hey! thanks for your feedback.
Intel Core I9 9900K @ 5.0ghz || Noctua D15S || ASUS Z390-F
32 GB Corsair LPX 3200 (16-18-18-36 @ 1.35V)
Asus 3080 TUF Gaming OC || Acer Predator X34" @ 3440x1440
Samsung 970 EVO 512GB || Adata SX8200 Pro 2TB
3TB WD Caviar Green (Media Drive)
Creative SB ZX Sound Card || Kingston HyperX Cloud II
Logitech G910 Keyboard || Logitech Proteus Core G502 || Logitech G29 + Shifter
CM H500P Mesh White || PSU NZXT C850

cloudalmasai
Level 7
I send you a PM.
Rebuilding rig, 3570k+maximusvgene in the way