cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal ASUS X79 Overclocking Results - 4.8GHz w/ 32GB 1600MHz (across the board)

Mason
Level 10
As part of our recent X79 motherboard launch, I want to share some of our internal overclocking results on our entire X79 series of motherboards across the board. The screenshots and validations pretty much speak for themselves. 🙂 If you have any questions or need any assistance don't hesitate to ask. The specs of the components used are provided below.

3960X CPU
Motherboards ASUS X79 Series
Corsair H100 CPU Cooler
Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR3 1600 ( 8 Dimm )
Corsair AX 850 Watt PSU
ASUS GTX560 Ti DirectCU II

P9X79 PRO - Aida64 Stress Test & Unigine 1 hour stable

P9X79 PRO - 4.8GHz CPUz Validation

Sabertooth X79 - Aida64 Stress Test & Unigine 1 hour stable

Sabertooth X79 - 4.8GHz CPUz Validation

P9X79 Deluxe - Aida64 Stress Test & Unigine 1 hour stable

P9X79 Deluxe - 4.8GHz CPUz Validation

P9X79 WS - Aida64 Stress Test & Unigine 1 hour stable

P9X79 WS - 4.8GHz CPUz Validation

Rampage IV Extreme - Aida64 Stress Test & Unigine 1 hour stable

Rampage IV Extreme - 4.8GHz CPUz Validation
10 REPLIES 10

Kipper
Level 10
Thanks Mason

That deluxe board has my eye, if I can swing it that is the one I would like to review for the forum.

I thought for sure we would see some 5GHz clocks here but 4.8 with that much RAM ain't nothing to sneeze at.

glw165
Level 7
seems like alot vcore for 4.8 ghz
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Coolermaster Cm Storm Stryker,
I7 3770k Delidded @ 4.8,
Asus Z77 Maximus V Etreme,
Corsair Vengeance 16gb (2133),
Evga gtx Titan,
Ssd,
Corsair Ax 1200 Psu!!!

glw165 wrote:

Mason is one busy guy. I am surprised he found the time to run these and get them posted. If he had the time I am sure he could/would have done a considerable tweaking and let the stressing run longer than an hour.

I think he just wanted to show a quick OC to wet our appetites.

I am working on procurring one of these boards for a full review here on the forums, almost have the cash ready for the processor now.

glw165 wrote:

Some ESes need a lot of Vcore.

Retired
Not applicable
glw165 wrote:

Voltage varies considerbly for different CPUs on SandyBridge E. I have some CPUs that will do the same frequnec with same coller at considerbly less ( approx 1.400 vid ). This was one of my worst CPUs and was chosen specifically for the point it was a bad CPU but wanted to show all our baords would work with it especially at these higher levels.

Mason
Level 10
These overclocks and stress testing were actually done by our ASUS Illuminati, JJ, and the reason for 4.8GHz across the board and the settings that were used was to show a baseline to show that 4.8GHz should be easy to do on any of the boards in the series with a decent CPU. We'll have more results up soon like super high memory frequency on 8 DIMMs.

Kip, can't wait to see your Deluxe review! 😄

Mason@ASUS wrote:
These overclocks and stress testing were actually done by our ASUS Illuminati, JJ, and the reason for 4.8GHz across the board and the settings that were used was to show a baseline to show that 4.8GHz should be easy to do on any of the boards in the series with a decent CPU. We'll have more results up soon like super high memory frequency on 8 DIMMs.

Kip, can't wait to see your Deluxe review! 😄

I have been trying to leave JJ alone for now but I am hoping he will be sending the Deluxe my way for review.

How did you achieve this? Manually setting CPU ratio and CPU voltages in the bios? In the Asus AI suite in windows? Or the auto tune?

I have a 3930 that I manually set to 43x100 for a 4.3 ghz clock and it nevers goes over 53degrees on any core, but still blue screens after several hours of prime95 tests. Do I need to up the voltage? I've never really modded voltages on my previous over clocks so this is an area I am less familiar with. Thanks.

Grnfinger
Level 8
Nice clocks Mason, and I thought you were just a tech support man.
4770K@4500mhZ
Asus Maximus VI Hero
2x Sapphire Tahiti core 7870 Crossfire @ 1150/1500
8GB Patriot Viper @ 1866MHz
Intel 520 SSD - 2x1TB Raid0 - 2TB WD Green
Corsair AX860i
Cosmos S Custom
H20 Cooling