cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing New firmware problems ROG Front Base ?

Wee323
Level 7
Hi guys, hopefully someone here will be able to help out with this issue i am having.

I bought a ROG front base (V40) to my computer, running a maximus vii formula MB.
I connected it to my pc following the instructions and it worked instantly. just what i wanted.

A while ago i was having some issues with the audio on my pc, and in the mist of this i accidently
deleted the firmware for the ROG front base! The thing went black, and i have tried absolutely everything to get it going again! :mad:

I have tried to install a new firmware, but i can not seem to get contact with the front base. at least that is the message i am getting.
The sceen on the front base has light/power, looks like a anime drawing or something.

It is getting power, but i cant seem to get this thing going again, any tips ?

The option is to buy a new one, and i am not keen on spending 100$ on a new one 😞
2 REPLIES 2

pr1me
Level 8
Wee323 wrote:
Hi guys, hopefully someone here will be able to help out with this issue i am having.

I bought a ROG front base (V40) to my computer, running a maximus vii formula MB.
I connected it to my pc following the instructions and it worked instantly. just what i wanted.

A while ago i was having some issues with the audio on my pc, and in the mist of this i accidently
deleted the firmware for the ROG front base! The thing went black, and i have tried absolutely everything to get it going again! :mad:

I have tried to install a new firmware, but i can not seem to get contact with the front base. at least that is the message i am getting.
The sceen on the front base has light/power, looks like a anime drawing or something.

It is getting power, but i cant seem to get this thing going again, any tips ?

The option is to buy a new one, and i am not keen on spending 100$ on a new one 😞

Are you using windows 7 ?
If not, try get back to windows 7 and use the latest firmware update tool (FRONTBASE_1.01.17).

https://www.asus.com/Motherboard-Accessories/ROG_Front_Base/HelpDesk_Download/

Wee323
Level 7
I used to have Win 7, when this first happened.
i have tried the same things in both win 7 and win 10. ill just buy a new one, hopefully ill still have a job next year 🙂