cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Update Bios? Maximus VII Hero

Elicar
Level 7
I got this motherboard back in 2015 so i did a little update and now i can't seem to know the process to update the bios? Been trying to find a forum thread of this but couldnt find one, sorry, my motherboard is old.
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero
CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k 4.4ghz (8mb Cache)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 Super Clocked ACX 2.0 4GB GDDR5
Memory Ram: Corsair Vengeance Pro Series DDR3 2x8gb 16gb 1866mhz
PSU: Corsair Builder Series CX600 Watt ATX/EPS 80 PLUS
2,929 Views
7 REPLIES 7

Elicar
Level 7
By the way, is my pc stable? My core voltages been jumping from 0.700 to 1k.. is this normal?

84905
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero
CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k 4.4ghz (8mb Cache)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 Super Clocked ACX 2.0 4GB GDDR5
Memory Ram: Corsair Vengeance Pro Series DDR3 2x8gb 16gb 1866mhz
PSU: Corsair Builder Series CX600 Watt ATX/EPS 80 PLUS

For update Bios you can use this video is for different motherboard but it's very similar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2Seja1t4Lw

KotOr368 wrote:
For update Bios you can use this video is for different motherboard but it's very similar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2Seja1t4Lw


My bios was updated, thanks for your reply though.
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero
CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k 4.4ghz (8mb Cache)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 Super Clocked ACX 2.0 4GB GDDR5
Memory Ram: Corsair Vengeance Pro Series DDR3 2x8gb 16gb 1866mhz
PSU: Corsair Builder Series CX600 Watt ATX/EPS 80 PLUS

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

- Latest BIOS for your motherboard : https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1150/MAXIMUS-VII-HERO/MAXIMUS-VII-HERO-ASUS-3503.zip
- Extract the .CAP file and put it at the root of a USB key (FAT16/FAT32)
- Follow the BIOS update process : https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1012815

And after that, to go further :

- Update your Intel ME firmware : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?117734-FIRMWARE-Intel-ME-(Z97-X99)
- Update your Intel Chipset/Ethernet/MEI/SATA drivers : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?117607-DRIVERS-Intel-Chipset-Ethernet-MEI-SATA-(9x)
- Update your ASMedia SATA drivers : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?118061-DRIVERS-ASMedia-SATA
- Update your Realtek Audio drivers : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?117605-DRIVERS-Realtek-Audio-(HDA-9x-1xx) (you need Realtek Audio Drivers (HDA - ASUS ROG SSx). Follow scrupulously the INSTALL process (with cleanup step) of ASUS ROG SS1/SS2 motherboards category).

These are the current drivers on the official website: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_VII_HERO/HelpDesk_Download/

I also notice some of these haven't been updated since 2016.
The bios is also on a beta version since 2018.
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero
CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k 4.4ghz (8mb Cache)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 Super Clocked ACX 2.0 4GB GDDR5
Memory Ram: Corsair Vengeance Pro Series DDR3 2x8gb 16gb 1866mhz
PSU: Corsair Builder Series CX600 Watt ATX/EPS 80 PLUS

Elicar wrote:
These are the current drivers on the official website: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_VII_HERO/HelpDesk_Download/

I also notice some of these haven't been updated since 2016.
The bios is also on a beta version since 2018.


Hi,

Here are the latest drivers/firmware for your motherboard :

- Update your Intel ME firmware : [FIRMWARE] Intel ME (Z97/X99)
- Update your Intel Chipset/Ethernet/MEI/SATA drivers : [DRIVERS] Intel Chipset/Ethernet/MEI/SATA (6x/7x/8x/9x)
- Update your ASMedia SATA drivers : [DRIVERS] ASMedia SATA
- Update your Realtek Audio drivers : [DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (HDA | 6x/7x/8x/9x/1xx) (you need Realtek Audio Drivers (HDA - ASUS ROG SSx). Follow scrupulously the INSTALL process (with cleanup step) of ASUS ROG SS1/SS2 motherboards category)

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

Here are the latest drivers/firmware for your motherboard :

- Update your Intel ME firmware : [FIRMWARE] Intel ME (Z97/X99)
- Update your Intel Chipset/Ethernet/MEI/SATA drivers : [DRIVERS] Intel Chipset/Ethernet/MEI/SATA (6x/7x/8x/9x)
- Update your ASMedia SATA drivers : [DRIVERS] ASMedia SATA
- Update your Realtek Audio drivers : [DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (HDA | 6x/7x/8x/9x/1xx) (you need Realtek Audio Drivers (HDA - ASUS ROG SSx). Follow scrupulously the INSTALL process (with cleanup step) of ASUS ROG SS1/SS2 motherboards category)


Thank you so much!
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero
CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k 4.4ghz (8mb Cache)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 Super Clocked ACX 2.0 4GB GDDR5
Memory Ram: Corsair Vengeance Pro Series DDR3 2x8gb 16gb 1866mhz
PSU: Corsair Builder Series CX600 Watt ATX/EPS 80 PLUS