cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HERO VII not able to install a fresh copy of Win7 64bit

s333d3ple
Level 7
Paired a new Hero vii with 4790k, with G.SKILL Trident X model F3-2400C9D-8GTXD, and tried installing Win7 64bit on Raid 0 on 2 Corsair Force Series GT CSSD-F240GBGT-BK. Also tried installing the OS on a single drive with AHCI enabled.

In both cases the system hangs for more than 1&1/2 hrs during the "installing windows" part, right after loading 100% the files, and rebooting. I have not updated the BIOS yet, and will do so, but wondering if anyone has had the same experience. After all, it's a new mobo, and it should run flawlessly during a fresh install.

Other than that, the CPU is overclocking nicely to 4.8ghz with the built-in OC setting, and I hate to redo the bios because it hasn't crashed a single time. Another weird thing, was the CPU temp display, which showed a steady 11C / 51F while OC'ed to 4.8ghz. Clearly this is wrong, so I have to redo the BIOS...

Any thoughts please...
3 REPLIES 3

Puffnstuff
Level 10
I would definitely update the bios to 2201. Also consider doing a uefi install of windows, format both drives in the artray for raid or the single of an ahci install to insure that the mbr doesn't introduce any errors. To do uefi in the bios boot order boot drive select the uefi optical drive listing so it will load the efi bootloader. When it installs in uefi your boot drive will become the windows bootloader. If you continue to have trouble try another dvd drive if available. FWIW I had a ton of trouble installing windows 7 x64 ultimate and after I did get it installed I had issues with it not wanting to boot. It would cycle several times before windows could complete loading. When I finally got tired of it I upgraded to windows 8.1 professional which installed right the first time. BTW in a uefi install the bootloader and the uefi bios work together so it is a bit different during the post process. I don't want to ever go back to a non uefi install of windows.
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, AMD 3900X, EVGA 360 aio, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z Neo, Samsung 970 Pro NVME 512gb, WD Black NVME 1 TB, Crucial MX500 2tb, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP!, EVGA Nu Audio, CM HAF 932

Nate152

NemesisChild
Level 12
Also try installing with only one stick of memory installed.
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
G.Skill TridentZ@ 3600MHz CL14 2x16GB
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FWT3 Ultra
Storage: WD Blue SN550 2TB NVMe M.2
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601