cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hero USB 3.0 Hotswap

Shayne
Level 7
Windows 8 pro 64, Maximus VI Hero usb 3.0 hotswap does not recognize Lexar® Professional USB 3.0 Dual-Slot.

Any sugguestions?

Regards
9 REPLIES 9

Chino
Level 15

Shayne
Level 7
Yes the intel chipset drivers is installed.
'
Intel(R) usb 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 0100 (Microsoft)

This device is working properly.

Chino
Level 15
Have you checked the Lexar website to see if there is a need to install a driver before the card reader will work?

Shayne
Level 7
USB 2 is no problem in hot swap it appears to be an asus 3.0 problem (also flakey with some flash drives). No drivers it would have been a simple cut and google for you to answer that one.

Regards

Shayne wrote:
also flakey with some flash drives

If some USB 3.0 flash drives work and others don't it is most likely a compatibility issue with the controller that the flash drive is using.

Can anybody recommend a cf card reader that is recognized in the bios plugged into usb 3 on this board? I am on 1402 and all bios I have tried have not powered and/or recognized the Lexar reader.

Regards

Shayne
Level 7
new bios 804 same result it does not power this card reader up. Not much use having usb 3.0 when they do not work on this board.

I am not able to get hot swap to work either, if I reboot with the drive plugged in it will see it and work in a normal fashion.

Shayne
Level 7
reboot and still no go for me. These board when it comes to usb 3 just do not work too well.