cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hero Time Clock Problem

Wazooda
Level 7
Hey all,

New build. Hero VI i74770k with Windows 8. Problem is system is not keeping the correct time. In fact, sometimes after doing an Internet time sync, the clock within an hour will go back to an earlier time.

Trying to troubleshoot, I noticed in BIOS that the clock is static (ie not live updating like I've seen in other bioses) and does NOT reflect the new time I update in the OS.... most of the time.

So.... First question. Should the time be live updating in BIOS? If not, then what could this be?

Bad battery even though new motherboard?

Thanks for any help
170 REPLIES 170

Prudent Shopper wrote:
FYI...

I have received 3 defective HERO motherboards purchased (not exchanged) from Amazon. I order one and when it arrives, I ship the other back. I plan to do this indefinitely until I get a non defective mobo. My 3rd mobo clock froze up this morning. They have all froze up within 2 weeks of installation.

ASUS, if you want a defective mobo to examine...check with Amazon...they're stocking up.

That might be forever since the issue is on Every Maximus VI Series board, its just when the issue pops up

Also most of the ppl on here arnt from Asus headquarters there users like yourself or qualified techs

The way I've understood it Asus has said they tried to recreate the problem themselves but they say it always fixes or they always fail to reproduce it, idk if its cause they don't play around with it long enough or what but i also I believe they aren't trying to just continue to throw time and money at it so as you can see in the frozen clock thread qualified ppl like raja have been trying to get a 100% stuck board for awhile but no one will do it

I wouldn't even blame Asus if by now they've totally stopped looking into it till they get a board stuck in that state

Raja posted a fix in frozen clock thread that will cause the bios clock to begin working again although many have said it just freezes again at a random time or if you try to go back into bios

I posted a fix in the same thread about how to fix the windows clock from going outta wack

I haven't even checked my bios clock in awhile but I do know it was frozen, but after I fixed my windows clock its been almost 4 weeks and everything's still ticking along dead on correct on date and time

Since I haven't checked the bios recently I'm unsure if my clock started to tick again or not but I know since I fixed my windows clock I haven't had a single issue with any programs or anything

Bios clock being frozen and windows clock being wrong are different issues But, the frozen bios also can mess with the windows clock

By default tho either the board itself or a piece of software disables windows clock every time you turn the PC on, sometimes even happens if you leave it on, it'll then try to find the time and the only thing it'llsee since it cannot access the internet is the bios time, usually yyou'll notice this when the windows clock jumps back like 4 hours in a minute lol
CoolerMaster HAF 932 Advanced/ Maximus VI Formula/ I7-4770K/Swiftech H320/ Corsair HX850/ G.Skill Trident X (2x8) 16gb 2400MHz/ 2x 840 EVO 120gb(Raid 0)/ WD 1TB HDD (Backup/Storage)/ EVGA GTX 1gb 560 TI/ Asus 12x bluray combo

F_H_S
Level 7
Hi Raja, hi Praz

Now it happened again on my board, the clock froze again. So I suppose wit will occur again. I enabled it again with the jumper but I offer you to swap mainboads with you sending mine in with the clock stopped. Please PM me to let me know how you would administer such a swap. Once it happens I would like to know what to do.

best

fhs

Praz
Level 13
Hi F_H_S

I have asked Raja to contact you.

F_H_S
Level 7
Hi Praz

And... it happened again. Raja didn't contact me so far. So if you are looking for a frozen clock mobo, I think I can provide you with one.

Raja
Level 13
Passed info to HQ - it's up to them to set up this swap, I cannot do this from NA. If they are interested they will be in contact.

Oh, they were definitely faster than I was. Respect.

I'll PM you the info.

Oh, they were definitely faster than I was. Respect.

I'll PM you the info.

Raja
Level 13
From HQ - PM me the following:

1. Customer’s name
2. Active e-Mail address
3. Shipping address and attn. info.

-Raja

F_H_S
Level 7
Ok Raja

Well if it takes the "official way" I'll have to reset the clock to make it work again as I expect some time to pass until something gets going, if so at all. I will also flash it to the newest BIOS version. In the previous Mobo up to 1301 the clock problem was not mended. In either case unfortunately I'm confident it will get stuck again.

Praz
Level 13
Hello F_H_S

If possible do not attempt to reset anything regarding the clock being frozen. ASUS needs to receive the board with the clock in a frozen state. Thanks. 🙂