cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hero Time Clock Problem

Wazooda
Level 7
Hey all,

New build. Hero VI i74770k with Windows 8. Problem is system is not keeping the correct time. In fact, sometimes after doing an Internet time sync, the clock within an hour will go back to an earlier time.

Trying to troubleshoot, I noticed in BIOS that the clock is static (ie not live updating like I've seen in other bioses) and does NOT reflect the new time I update in the OS.... most of the time.

So.... First question. Should the time be live updating in BIOS? If not, then what could this be?

Bad battery even though new motherboard?

Thanks for any help
170 REPLIES 170

Creos7
Level 7
Np, still thanks for your help, it did fix my issue 🙂
Do you happy to know what the MEI driver is? I'll google it but just in case.

I have been working fine for a year now and last night i noticed my windows time was off by 3 hours, i reset it correctly and checked the region settings which were all correct. It kept happening so i went into the bios and saw that the bios clock was stuck.

I followed the directions in the sticky post and that seems to have resolved the issue. I am running the latest bios which was updated when it first came out so I am not sure what caused this to happen last night. Hope I don't have to go through this process again and again as time goes on.

Prudent_Shopper
Level 7
To all who have this time clock problem...the "Fix", isn't a fix at all. The method to start the clock is nothing more than a reset and flashing the BIOS or updating the MEI does absolutely nothing to fix this.

I am on my 5th hero mobo from amazon and 3 of the ones I received had the clock issue. The only "fix" is to send it back to ASUS and make them replace their defective hardware. As soon as you experience this problem, set up a RMA and don't reset your mobo. If you reset it over and over, enough time will pass and your warranty will eventually expire and you'll still be stuck with a defective product. SEND IT BACK NOW WHILE YOU CAN!

SpoonerUK
Level 7

That's a serious amount of Google hits..
Rampage V Extreme || i7 5960x (127.5x28) || EKWB Cooling for CPU & GPUs || 8x4GB Corsair Dominator DDR4 2800 || 3x 3gb Asus GTX780 || 4x Samsung 840 250GB || Pioneer BDRW || ROG Xonar Phoebus || Corsair AX1500i PSU || Aquaero 5 XT || Lamptron 6 Channel Fan Controller || Razer Blackwidow Ultimate || Logitech G500s || Mountainmods.com - Ascension MASSIVE Chassis || 21x Coolermaster 120mm Fans

spooneruk wrote:

that's a serious amount of google hits..

lol Seems the board has more issues with charm quarks than the frozen clock if Google hits are an indicator..

bern43
Level 7
So I guess I should just give up on ASUS ever fixing this? If ASUS really still needs a board, agree to send me the Z97 equivalent to what I currently have and I'll send you a board with a stuck clock. I'm just not going to risk RMA'ing my board just to get another with a broken clock.
Asus Maximus Extreme Z, Intel 2600K at 4.5, Noctua NH-D14 cooler, MSI GTX 670 PE/OC, Dell U2412 monitor, 8GB Gskill Sniper memory at 1866, Corsair HX850 Power Supply, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Samsung 128 gb 830 ssd, WD RE4 2 tb X 2 in raid 1, Intel 320 870 gb ssd, Filco Tenkeyless keyboard, Logitech G400 Mouse, Audioengine A5 speakers, HP Officejet 6500 printer

F_H_S
Level 7
Hi Praz, Hi Raja

I got my Hero VI replaced now and the store will send Radim (Czech Service) my board in a state with the clock stuck. This new one now runs as it should. So far. Let's hope for the best. I keep you posted on this new one performs.

Cheers,
f

F_H_S wrote:
Hi Praz, Hi Raja

I got my Hero VI replaced now and the store will send Radim (Czech Service) my board in a state with the clock stuck. This new one now runs as it should. So far. Let's hope for the best. I keep you posted on this new one performs.

Cheers,
f

Hello

Good to hear and thanks both for the update and for the effort on your part to get your original board back to ASUS. 🙂

F_H_S wrote:
Hi Praz, Hi Raja

Cheers,
f

Cool, your original board is with the EU team currently who are arranging shipment to Taiwan. Not sure if clock was frozen when they got it, but I told them not to try anything and just pass on to HQ.

-Raja

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Cool, your original board is with the EU team currently who are arranging shipment to Taiwan. Not sure if clock was frozen when they got it, but I told them not to try anything and just pass on to HQ.

-Raja

Good to hear they got it. If they didn't touch it I'm sure it will be arriving with a stuck clock. Whatever I tried, including changing time from within Windows, the clock would accept the new time, but remain stuck at the entered value. The jumper use while powered is truly the only thing that makes it going telling from what I saw.

F