cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!!! Won't power up, and Cannot switch bios

Fenrir
Level 7
Ok, I have a Rampage 4 Extreme board, and something wierd just happened, everything was working well, windows just did an update then I turned off my computer. I went to install my video capture card and just dropped it into the the computer. I then push the start button the motherboard and it won't power on. The start and reset light are on but when I push it, it does nothing. I then pushed the bios swap button and the indicator light will not switch bios chips. Everything was working just fine a second ago, so I removed the card and it still wouldn't start up. All the wires are connected and everything then I noticed by the GO button by the start button on the motherboard that one of the LED's was bright red. So I unplugged it and plugged it back in, that red light went away but it still wont start. The start button is lit up so theres power in the board and the bio button still wont switch. Whats is wrong? Please help me =(
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 2.6.1.7600
CPU TYPE: Intel® Core™ i7-3960X CPU @ 3.30GHz
CPU SPEED: 3.33 GHz
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Rampage 4 Extreme BF3 Edition
SYSTEM MEMORY: 31.98 GB
MEMORY MODEL: Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1866C9R
VIDEO CARD 1 MODEL:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690
VIDEO CARD 2 MODEL:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690
VIDEO CARD MEMORY: 3.95 GB
HARD DISK SIZE: 1.82 TB
COOLING TYPE: Liquid
COOLING BRAND: Koolance.com
5 REPLIES 5

bikeman
Level 7
Please do once CLRTC setting again
1.turn off all power,and check the LED was off on the motherboard
2.remove the battery on the motherboard,wait a 1min
3.back to the battery and turn on the power,then start the PC testing again!

Still nothing, start light is bright, when I push it....nothing it wont even turn on, and same with the bios switch, the LED is on the 2nd bios but it wont switch

Nodens wrote:
Check all your cabling, check if the motherboard is making contact with anything metalic (like behind the motherboard touching the case's backplate) and try to start it with a bare setup, that is only cpu ram and video card connected. No drives, no usb drives etc

Still no go 😞 right now my situation looks like this, this is a guy that is having the exact same problem as me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p83TabqvEvI&feature=g-hist

I put in an RMA request last night and I'm still waiting to hear some kind of word from ASUS, so in the mean time, I bought a 2nd Rampage 4 board to get my system operational cause i'm in a terrible rush to get this system operational fast (and no not for gaming, or naughty stuff lol). Atleast then I can have a spare rampage in stock for when (not if) this board fails on me again. I have been having alot of bad luck with asus stuff lately 😞

Nodens
Level 16
Check all your cabling, check if the motherboard is making contact with anything metalic (like behind the motherboard touching the case's backplate) and try to start it with a bare setup, that is only cpu ram and video card connected. No drives, no usb drives etc
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

See my earlier thread "Rampage IV Extreme died in its sleep" with its many suggestions. Good luck.