cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Help] RIVE with unknown S/N

asfgbdnf
Level 8
hI guys,

Received my second RIVE board today. Last four digits on the S/N sticker shows 4102, I guess that's bios version, that implies this board is manufactured later than May 2013.
When I try to use AI suites to read out the S/N and verify if it matches the S/N sticker. AI suites give me 'MB-1234567890'.
Any one encounter this problem before?
318 Views
28 REPLIES 28

martyn wrote:
I dont believe that bogsha's Aida 64 information is the correct serial number as i use the previous edition of it and it also displays a serial number there, which is not the same as the board serial number you need to register it with.
You should find the serial number on the back of the board, and if it's the same as mine also located on the overclock key


thanks for your help, Martyn. There is also s/n on the oc key? I need to check it.
The problem is why ai suites is able to read out the correct s/n for my previous r4e mobo, why this time, asus didn't flash any s/n info into my new r4e mobo. Ai suites, aida64, even Samsung SSD magician gives same answer 'MB-1234567890' this time.

taderater
Level 7
I have the exact same issue S/N is reported as MB-1234567890. Problem exists inAIDA 64 270, 300 and the latest beta version.
Rampage IV Extreme BE, Intel 4960X, G-Skills Ripjaws Z F3- 2133C10Q2-64GZM, 2 ADATA SX900 512 GB SSD RAID 0, 4 Kingston Hyper X 120 GB SSD RAID 0, Pioneer BDR 2207, Segate 500GB HD, WD Velociraptor 600 GB (2), HD XSPC Cooling Push Pull c/w Heatkiller 3 CPU Block, Asus GTX690 (2), Asus VG278H, Asus VS208N, Xonar Phobus, Corsair 1200AX, Win 7 Ultimate UEFI

taderater wrote:
I have the exact same issue S/N is reported as MB-1234567890. Problem exists inAIDA 64 270, 300 and the latest beta version.


Hi taderater, I don't this is caused by different software, I tried asus ai suites, aida64, even Samsung SSD magician. Basically, no matter which software you are using, as long as it has the function to read out your hardware info, it would report MB-1234567890.
The reason is very obvious that ASUS didn't flash the S/N info into the mobo during manufacturing process.
when did you buy your r4e board? what is the pre-installed bios version? I guess this problem only apply to recently made mobo as my old r4e board is able to read out correct S/N.

asfgbdnf wrote:
Hi taderater, I don't this is caused by different software, I tried asus ai suites, aida64, even Samsung SSD magician. Basically, no matter which software you are using, as long as it has the function to read out your hardware info, it would report MB-1234567890.
The reason is very obvious that ASUS didn't flash the S/N info into the mobo during manufacturing process.
when did you buy your r4e board? what is the pre-installed bios version? I guess this problem only apply to recently made mobo as my old r4e board is able to read out correct S/N.


I bought the board last summer. BIOS was 1401.
Rampage IV Extreme BE, Intel 4960X, G-Skills Ripjaws Z F3- 2133C10Q2-64GZM, 2 ADATA SX900 512 GB SSD RAID 0, 4 Kingston Hyper X 120 GB SSD RAID 0, Pioneer BDR 2207, Segate 500GB HD, WD Velociraptor 600 GB (2), HD XSPC Cooling Push Pull c/w Heatkiller 3 CPU Block, Asus GTX690 (2), Asus VG278H, Asus VS208N, Xonar Phobus, Corsair 1200AX, Win 7 Ultimate UEFI

taderater wrote:
I bought the board last summer. BIOS was 1401.

that is strange, I thought only recently made mobo has this problem, which has preinstalled bios 4102. My old rive has bios 3404 out-of-box, which is able to report correct s/n. Since you have same problem for over one year, have you tried to ask asus or someone online about it? do you know if other people has encountered same problem?is this a general problem ?

taderater wrote:
I bought the board last summer. BIOS was 1401.


did you have this issue out of box? or after you flash the bios?
have you ever suspect the mobo you bought was not brand new due to this issue?
have you found answer/solution to this issue?

Nodens
Level 16
Have you used the ERALL.ROM method to flash back to a .ROM versions of UEFI? Or flashed with Intel's fpt tools directly (without CodeRush's FTK that preserves the FD44 module)?
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

Nodens wrote:
Have you used the ERALL.ROM method to flash back to a .ROM versions of UEFI? Or flashed with Intel's fpt tools directly (without CodeRush's FTK that preserves the FD44 module)?

no. i tried none of those you mentioned. to be honest i didnot heard of any of those approach , could you give me more details.

Nodens
Level 16
Download FTK from here: http://forums.overclockers.ru/viewtopic.php?p=9776728#p9776728, extract it somewhere and run "backup.bat" as administrator. It will create a dump of your SPI flash chip (the BIOS chip) named "backup.bin". Zip/rar that file, upload it somewhere and send me a link via PM and I'll tell you if the FD44 module is ok (the unique board info stored in the chip). If it is, then it's a software issue, if it's not I'll tell you how to repair it.

Do NOT post the backup.bin link here publicly as if it's intact it contains your board's S/N and UUID. PM me directly.
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

Nodens wrote:
Download FTK from here: http://forums.overclockers.ru/viewtopic.php?p=9776728#p9776728, extract it somewhere and run "backup.bat" as administrator. It will create a dump of your SPI flash chip (the BIOS chip) named "backup.bin". Zip/rar that file, upload it somewhere and send me a link via PM and I'll tell you if the FD44 module is ok (the unique board info stored in the chip). If it is, then it's a software issue, if it's not I'll tell you how to repair it.

Do NOT post the backup.bin link here publicly as if it's intact it contains your board's S/N and UUID. PM me directly.


could you advise how to tell if fd44 is ok. and what cause this problem? someone didn,t flash bios properly?