cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Please Newbi ram issues

JPSnow
Level 7
So basically i am very new to this whole thing and may be a bit over my head but basically my issue is i have Gskill ripjaws z 2133 11-11-11-30 1.6v ram and cpuz and memtweek show it running at 1066. I have tried setting it on auto and it went down to 800mhz and when i manually set it to 2133 it shows up at 1066 in windows. I really know very little to nothing about this so you'll have to be basic but any ideas what could be wrong?
On another note i would also like to overclock my 3820 to 4.3 as from what i read that should be really easy and shouldn't need increased voltage. I have read the stickies at the top of forum but was wondering if i should just use the normal overclock option or do it manually. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks JP
rampage iv
Intel 3820
Galaxy 680 gtx
16 gig Gskill RipjawZ 11-11-11-30 1.6v
corsair h80 cooler
120gig corsair force 3
1TB Seagate Barracuda
silverstone 850 watt
corsair 600t case
1 REPLY 1

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Your RAM is running fine 1066 is doubled (DDR double data rate) to 2132/3

Best to just do it manually..... Basically in the bios on the extreme tweaker page Set Ai overclock tuner to manual or XMP, go down to by all cores (can adjust in os) click, press + button up to 43 ( go down to Memory frequency click and choose 2133 if you did not set XMP )

However 43x multiplier will use more voltage by all core just not a lot more but the bios/vid will take care of that on auto.