cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Help] No video signal

lakristomten
Level 7
Hi!

I have 2 Pc's and I just changed the gfx cards between them. However the gfx does not output a videosignal to my monitor.

Specifications:

Maximus VI Hero
Geforce asus directcu ii 580 gtx
corsair ax750

I reseted the bios and even updated it.

The fans are running on the gfx.

The motherboards hdmi output work on my screen.

Any suggestions?
3 REPLIES 3

jab383
Level 13
Hi, lakristomten, and welcome

The first suggestions are basic and have probably been done already: Check seating of the offending gfx card and seating of its power cable.

Next, a little more information for troubleshooting: Does the 580 gtx show up in BIOS Extreme Tweaker > GPU.DIMM Post window?
Does it show up in Windows Device Manager? What does Device Manager say about its condition and that of the driver?

What gfx card was replaced? Does it use the same driver in Windows?

If all of those check out, I suggest uninstalling the driver in Device Manager and then re-installing it. The same driver installation program will choose different components for different cards of its family, and may not have the right set for a 580 gtx.

Jeff

jab383 wrote:
Hi, lakristomten, and welcome

The first suggestions are basic and have probably been done already: Check seating of the offending gfx card and seating of its power cable.

Next, a little more information for troubleshooting: Does the 580 gtx show up in BIOS Extreme Tweaker > GPU.DIMM Post window?
Does it show up in Windows Device Manager? What does Device Manager say about its condition and that of the driver?

What gfx card was replaced? Does it use the same driver in Windows?

If all of those check out, I suggest uninstalling the driver in Device Manager and then re-installing it. The same driver installation program will choose different components for different cards of its family, and may not have the right set for a 580 gtx.

Jeff

Yeah the seating is fine and the power cable also.

It's NA in the GPU.DIMM

In the Windows Device Manager there was only a standard VGA driver installed

I swapped a Geforce Asus 780 Ti

I forgot to remove the drivers when I swapped the first time so I swapped back the titan card since there was no video signal and I removed the nvidia drivers from the remove program.

Conclusions.

The port is fine on the old computer since it boots with the TI and the 580 card is fine since it works on the other computer when plugged in.

Where do I go from here?

lakristomten
Level 7
The solution: I changed the pcix slot to the second one. Weird thanks for the support anyway!