cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Multiple ACPI Errors

Sparax
Level 9
Hi all i am having some issues with the ACPI driver for my new Maximus Hero Vii Board Event viewer is reporting several issues as follows

ACPI Event ID 13
: The embedded controller (EC) did not respond within the specified timeout period. This may indicate that there is an error in the EC hardware or firmware or that the BIOS is accessing the EC incorrectly. You should check with your computer manufacturer for an upgraded BIOS. In some situations, this error may cause the computer to function incorrectly.

ACPI Event ID 15
: The embedded controller (EC) returned data when none was requested. The BIOS might be trying to access the EC without synchronizing with the operating system. This data will be ignored. No further action is necessary; however, you should check with your computer manufacturer for an upgraded BIOS.

Kernel-PnP Event ID 219
The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&2.

System Specs
Asus Maximus VII HERO (BIOS 0904)
Intel Core i7 4790k @ Stock
Corsair Dominator GT (CMT4GX3M2A2000C8)
Windows 7 SP1 on Corsair Force 3 SSD

I Have installed all the latest drivers and updated to the latest bios but I'm still getting these errors anyone got any ideas what I need to do to fix this?
175 REPLIES 175

FantomAU wrote:
asus vii hero with intel 4790k - stock speed
cpu temps - 31c
samsung 850 pro ssd
win 10 pro

constantly getting - Critical Structure Corruption crashes

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000109 (0xa3a01f59fe3878cc, 0xb3b72be050b93289, 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000000018). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 8e27b8ce-6135-49a0-8a7c-bf442da494c1.

The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&0.

: The embedded controller (EC) returned data when none was requested. The BIOS might be trying to access the EC without synchronizing with the operating system. This data will be ignored. No further action is necessary; however, you should check with your computer manufacturer for an upgraded BIOS.

its crashed twice in last 20 mins

these EC log i get too... on a Z170 Mainboard from Asus, any fix???

wootwoots
Level 7
Soooo, no way to have asus help about the ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&0 issue ?

Qwinn
Level 11
I get them on the Rampage V Extreme too.

I am 99% sure that the Embedded Controller error is caused by AI Suite. I never get it when it's not running. I would guess that the software is communicating with the EC directly, without going through the operating system. The OS overhears it, though, and kicks up the warning. Which would make it pretty harmless. I noted one person said they got it without AI Suite installed, but maybe they had the Probe II driver installed instead. I'm sticking with this theory.

As for:

"The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&0."

It's driving me nuts. I have it now on a completely clean install. I haven't found anything that can get rid of it. I get it whether ASUS Probe II is installed or not, and if AI Suite is installed or not.

Qwinn
Level 11
Bump. Still really want a solution to this:

"The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&0."

...that doesn't result in just popping up a different error. I'm not running AI Suite so if that opens up some solution, I'd be fine with that.

Note that I'm running on a Rampage V Extreme, so this is certainly not limited to Maximus or Z97 motherboards.

Those WUDFRd errors are not ACPI errors. No matter if they point to ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&2. This is just a PNP (Plug and Play) indentifier that points to a device class.

WUDFRd is Windows User Mode Driver Framework. This is a framework for drivers that run in user mode, in contrast to kernel mode that most drivers run as. These are drivers that do not need Ring-0 security layer access for those familiar with technical details. For the rest it's too complicated to explain.

Those errors happen because of bugs in Windows and specifically the Framework itself. WUDFRd is not available when Windows tries to load the driver so you get these errors in the event viewer. Afterwards the driver for the device is loaded normally, if it wasn't then the device that uses WUDFRd would not work (would not be seen by your PC). These errors can be safely ignored untill Microsoft decides to fix those issues. You will usually see these errors when devices that use WUDFRd are connected during boot/reboot. In case of software using a user mode driver, you will see these errors always if the driver get initiated on boot (so yes it's possible to see these errors caused by software BUT again they are harmless)

Qwinn
Level 11
Okay, fair enough, and thanks for the most detailed response I've seen so far. Based on your explanation I tried to change the Windows Driver Foundation - User-Mode Driver Framework service to automatic start rather than manual (trigger start) in services.msc. However, even though both "Automatic" and "Automatic - Trigger Start" are available as separate options, if you select the former value, it still gets actually set to the latter value. And apparently it's still not enough to get the framework active in time to avoid the error. Is there any way to get rid of the "Trigger Start" portion so that it boots even sooner?

Also, do we know what this device actually does? I agree that it is eventually loading, as I can find "AMDA00 Interface" in device manager under System Devices and it says it's working properly. Still, I like disabling unnecessary services for performance issues, and if it would clear up an error from the event viewer on top of it, that's a bonus. Unfortunately if I uninstall it, windows update turns it right back on.

Sparax
Level 9
Hi Qwinn

Well I'm not sure why your UMDF is being forced into Automatic - Trigger Start that must be a Windows 10 Issue which i cant help you with as i refuse to use that OS 😜

However my Windows 7 machine runs it as Automatic but it doesn't make any difference i still get the error in the event viewer ;-(

I believe the AMDA00 Interface is part of the AI Suite III and is responsible for communicating with the Bios via 2 Services: ASUS Com Service & ASUS HM Com Service

The ASUS Com Service - Allows Read only access to the bios
And ASUS HM Com Service - Allows Read and Write access to the bios.

Basically there is no way for an end user to fix the WUDFRd error at the moment so we just have to put up with it until Microsoft decides to fix it.
Although as the issue has persisted for at least the last 3 OS iterations from Microsoft i wouldn't hold your breath on a fix any time soon.

Sparax wrote:
Hi Qwinn

Well I'm not sure why your UMDF is being forced into Automatic - Trigger Start that must be a Windows 10 Issue which i cant help you with as i refuse to use that OS 😜

However my Windows 7 machine runs it as Automatic but it doesn't make any difference i still get the error in the event viewer ;-(

I believe the AMDA00 Interface is part of the AI Suite III and is responsible for communicating with the Bios via 2 Services: ASUS Com Service & ASUS HM Com Service

The ASUS Com Service - Allows Read only access to the bios
And ASUS HM Com Service - Allows Read and Write access to the bios.

Basically there is no way for an end user to fix the WUDFRd error at the moment so we just have to put up with it until Microsoft decides to fix it.
Although as the issue has persisted for at least the last 3 OS iterations from Microsoft i wouldn't hold your breath on a fix any time soon.

Frequently, when I get the event:

Source: Kernel-PnP
Event ID: 219
Task Category: (212)
The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&2.

one or two seconds after that, I have:
Source: Eventlog
Event ID: 6008
Task Category: None
The previous system shutdown at date/time was unexpected.

And when this event occurs, the boot process gets locked and I have to switch off and on my PC, sometime a couple of times. Anyone else experiencing this same problem and any solution ?

Thanks a lot in advance

Just came across this thread after having a couple of totally unexpected shutdowns, is this responsible?

The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&0.

Qwinn
Level 11
Okay, that's fine. I've learned to embrace it, actually, as I realized it gives me a nice harmless indicator in my event log of whenever I have rebooted my system. Actually makes diagnosing other issues a bit easier.

Now if only we could fix the stupid 4 Unistack Service Group errors on every shutdown, and still be able to use the Mail app, I'd be golden!