cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Multiple ACPI Errors

Sparax
Level 9
Hi all i am having some issues with the ACPI driver for my new Maximus Hero Vii Board Event viewer is reporting several issues as follows

ACPI Event ID 13
: The embedded controller (EC) did not respond within the specified timeout period. This may indicate that there is an error in the EC hardware or firmware or that the BIOS is accessing the EC incorrectly. You should check with your computer manufacturer for an upgraded BIOS. In some situations, this error may cause the computer to function incorrectly.

ACPI Event ID 15
: The embedded controller (EC) returned data when none was requested. The BIOS might be trying to access the EC without synchronizing with the operating system. This data will be ignored. No further action is necessary; however, you should check with your computer manufacturer for an upgraded BIOS.

Kernel-PnP Event ID 219
The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&2.

System Specs
Asus Maximus VII HERO (BIOS 0904)
Intel Core i7 4790k @ Stock
Corsair Dominator GT (CMT4GX3M2A2000C8)
Windows 7 SP1 on Corsair Force 3 SSD

I Have installed all the latest drivers and updated to the latest bios but I'm still getting these errors anyone got any ideas what I need to do to fix this?
175 REPLIES 175

s1l3nce wrote:
I have also noticed the Kernel-PnP Event ID 219 warning. I own a Z97-Pro board.

Please Asus, fix this once and for all!

edit: I've just read here and other places that those warnings are nothing to be worried about. Also that Microsoft has to put a bit on his part to solve this issues.

Same here but no BSOD or any other problem.Read my threads and you will find why.The problem is in the MBO cuz it trys to load PnP(Plug and Play) for that device but few seconds after it loads fine and there is no problem.

For you people that have BSOD whit it see if you have some old HDDs on USB connected while booting.
I had similar issue whit my WD 2 TB on USB 2.0 when booting to Windows 7 and now when i switched to internal SATA 3 HDD all is fine.

Also @De7ilx for AMDA00 to work fine you must do clean install of Windows 7/8/8.1 . Firsty install Chipset driver then Intel MEI and AMDA00 will install fine after that and you will have no BSODs also if you OC you CPU disable Asus Multicore Ench. thing because it does some BIOS error and sometimes can do BSODs on some systems.

Same here.

": The embedded controller (EC) returned data when none was requested. The BIOS might be trying to access the EC without synchronizing with the operating system. This data will be ignored. No further action is necessary; however, you should check with your computer manufacturer for an upgraded BIOS."

CPU: i7 4790k @ Stock
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti reference
RAM: 2x8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR 3 1600 Low Profile
SSD: 3x Samsung 850 EVO (Newest firmware installed)
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero (BIOS 2801)
PSU: BeQuiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W

Windows 10 is fully updatet
All system drivers are up to date, device manager shows 0 unknown devices.

System is stable, but why i got this error??? Is this a cosmetic issue only?? i realized it is not every time i start my PC, only 1-2 times a week i see this error in my event log....should i worry about it? Purchased my Asus maximus vii hero 2 months ago and everything runs fine execpt this error message in the eventlog

Sorry for my english, it is not my native language.

shawly
Level 7
I already know that this message is kinda not relevant and does not influence my system, but still, I hate that there is this message, this just shows poor coding and that the devs just don't give a ****...

My GA-Z87X-UD5H in my home server never let me down, nor did I ever have any issues at all and it supports VT-d.

I just read this entire thread from beginning to end, the whole time clinging to a small ray of hope that all the brainstorming, discussion, dedication etc. by the previous posters would pay off in the end, for everyone's sake. But here I sit, still racking up ACPI errors with no end in sight. I'm grateful for all the efforts made toward a fix, but also shocked that everyone is so willing to settle for a third hand, BS answer from an Asus source who thinks pointing the finger at Microsoft and downplaying the issue somehow absolves ASUS of it responsibility to thousands of loyal customers left to deal with this crap. It's unacceptable and insulting. NO, I'm not bothered simply by errors in my event log UNTIL those error translate into freezes, crashes, or 3 minute delays EVERY time I turn on a computer that I poured a LOT of time and money into ensuring that it would boot in 7.5 seconds or less. I CALL THAT UNSTABLE!!!

PhoneyVirus
Level 7
I have to agree I been purchasing Motherboards from ASUS over a decade and just about everyone I owned had something wrong with it, all but one ASUS P5Q Pro motherboard was rock solid. Brainstorming wasn't done, they all know the full line of Maximus VII Hero motherboards are defective and the only way to solve the problem would be to have a recall.

Bad enough their drivers on the website wasn't installing correctly nor do they function right. Intel Chipset driver was the cause of the USB 3.0 drivers not installing correctly and I ant going to talk about this here. Type ASUS Maximus VII Hero USB 3.0 Problems and You'll fine it on The Guru of 3D.

Here's the quote from one post:

Apparently the problem didn't go away, using a external HDD with two USB ports on one end to operate the drive caused the computer to play a song with the Plug-in play notification sound and knew it was insignificant power been suppled to the ports. The drivers that I installed from ASUS was the cause of the fault or Intel either way it wasn't installing correctly. It was either Intel(R) Chipset Software Installation Utility v10.0.14 or v10.0.17 can't really remember. So after restoring the Machine back to a clean installation it was time to get to the bottom of this, uninstalled Intel USB 3.0 Driver V3.0.0.16 rebooted and install the latest ASUS Intel Chipset driver v10.0.20.

Looking at the Device Manger at the time I seen two Standard PCI host controller to USB controllers something like that again can't really remember the specific name and Intel device where the USB 3.0 drivers were uninstalled. Reinstalled Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible V3.0.1.41 Host Controller driver and it was still reporting Standard PCI host controller for one of them even after rebooting.

So at this point I had USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller and Intel 9 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller 8CA6 showing correctly in the Device Manager. Reading the news on The Guru of 3D yes thank you and seen Intel updated there chipset driver basically a .ini file and downloaded it. Knowing ASUS wasn't going to update there website with the latest version. Installing the driver Hard Lock the USB ports, lucky for me I had a keyboard using the PS2 port because all the USB ports were killed by the Chipset driver installation.

Restarted the computer and reinstalled them on top of the same ones theres over writing them and giving me back my mouse. Open the Device Manager and the Standard PCI Host Controller was now reporting Intel 9 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 8CAD. Everything seems fine and managed to get a ten hour day of productively without the Flash drives disconnecting and reconnecting, but did hear the Plug-in play sound when the computer came back out of sleep.

I disabled Sleep and the USB suspend option along with the Power options in the device manger, right-click on Hub and select Power Management tab.

Has of now the problem seems a lot better then before, who to blame both Intel and ASUS, there's just one little thing in the Even Viewer with ACPI Warning about some driver, sad thing it's installed even read the same problem on their forums and it still pops up ever now and then. Time to enjoy some games and not have to worry about the flash drives playing a song. If theres any more problems I'll just probably RMA it before it gets to late or just purchase a new that doesn't have a ASUS branding on it. You may want to disable all the USB ports you ant using in the UEFI-BIOS Rom, along with the Asmedia controller if you have no use for it.

With fifteen pages of people reporting the same problem and they point there finger at Microsoft. Lets see if they patch this error with Windows 10 or for that matter even report it to Microsoft so they can do something about it.

Migailu
Level 7
I installed Windows 10 (x64) Pro one Week ago and can imagine the same Event Viewer Entries like all the others in this Thread...
Absolutley the same errors like in Windows 7, Windows 8....... My Systems freezes after playing 45 minutes Battlefield 4...
In the event viewer i find all the errors you reported already... So, nothing changed....
I downloaded all the up to date drivers from the ASUS Homepage for my ASUS Maximus VI Hero Board.....

And now ??

With my old Windows 7 install i had no such freezes.....

Thank you for all the problems ASUS !!

greets
Migailu

matrixleader
Level 8
Same here with my X-99 Deluxe motherboard. Never touching anything that has the name ASUS on it again!

x7007
Level 7
Any solution to this ? I'm getting this with Asus G751JT Windows 8.1 pro

wootwoots
Level 7
Still nothing about that ? i also often get the "warning" \Driver\WUDFRd thing ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&0 ..

And since the last win10 1511 got somes BSOD while gaming... that's somehow annoying 😕

FantomAU
Level 8
asus vii hero with intel 4790k - stock speed
cpu temps - 31c
samsung 850 pro ssd
win 10 pro

constantly getting - Critical Structure Corruption crashes

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000109 (0xa3a01f59fe3878cc, 0xb3b72be050b93289, 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000000018). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 8e27b8ce-6135-49a0-8a7c-bf442da494c1.

The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&0.

: The embedded controller (EC) returned data when none was requested. The BIOS might be trying to access the EC without synchronizing with the operating system. This data will be ignored. No further action is necessary; however, you should check with your computer manufacturer for an upgraded BIOS.

its crashed twice in last 20 mins