GPU: EVGA GTX980 SC ACX2

SSD/HDDs/Optical drives: Samsung 240GB 850 SSD, 2TB WD Red

PSU: EVGA 850W G2

USB Devices (model/version number): Ducky Shine, razor mamba

Monitor: really old LG monitor

CPU Cooler: Raystorm Waterblock

PC CASE: Parvum 2.0

Operating system: Microsoft Activated yes/no? Win 7, Yes

Drivers Installed (include version): ones that came on the CD, GPU drivers installed from Nvidia latest version

Any third Party temp/voltage software installed: Prime 95, CPUHW

System Overclocked (provide details)? nope cant seem to get it stable at stock clocks

Issue

Built it a few weeks back now and been struggling to get it to work properly.

The problem is as followed;
Does a full power off
No BSOD
No event log (besides the old your computer shutdown unexpectedly)
Turns off for a solid 2-3 seconds (lights and everything go out) then back on starting from Bios/ROG logo
Offers the windows recovery (I normally just start windows normally)
Starts normally, no issues shown

What I have tried/tested;

Tried different RAM (changed the XMP Profile to set said ram)
Tried different PSU
Updated drivers and Bios
Updating windows
Changed Windows Driver Foundation to start automatically (as per forum)
Tried 2 different copies of Win 7 installer
Probably more

I have been able to reproduce the error when running Prime 95, it seems to shutdown randomly, or at least i have yet to find a link between it all...

I did re-install windows and it was stable (ran prime 95 for over and hour, normally doesn't make it past 5 minutes) but it was Windows 7 with no SP's which kinda concerned me given all the updates since win 7 was originally released. The minute I update the problem occurs again.
I did find something on the ROG forums page talking about the AMDA00 driver and I have tried to uninstall it/remove/update drivers and it still continues to restart.

I did do some random verifier on the drivers and finally got a BSOD, its 500MB and every time I try to do a debug on it i get some random IOMap64.sys (symbols could not be loaded), could be because I'm trying to run the .dmp debugger on a win 8.1 machine maybe?

Either way I'm out of ideas, I don't see how it could be hardware related because its stable when I install win7 straight from CD and don't do ANY updates....

Really out of ideas, happy to update the MEMORY.DMP file somewhere if someone knows more about it than me.

Any help would be great! really starting to get annoyed with this damn thing, I can't play witcher 3 because after about 5-10 minutes of playing it, it just restarts... When I first started playing it (pre-updates) it was great, played for like 3 hours...

Also just a note, I have tried updating Windows one by one and then roll back when I get the error, problem came from that, i ended up with a Windows installation that went corrupt from to many roll backs......... didn't know that was possible.

EDIT: I Should add that the temps are always under 65 degrees on both the GPU and CPU... Prime95 does jack them up in the temp process and the CPU never breaks 90 degrees

Any help? Please?
0 REPLIES 0