cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Help] Asus Z87-PRO USB BIOS Flashing method doesn't not work!

Jorgeapp
Level 7
Hello everyone

As the tittle says i'm having trouble trying to update the bios of my motherboard...

Recently i bough a new motherboard the Asus Z87 PRO for replace my old one but when i installed i notice that the system don't boot or give me video any image to the monitor, saying "No signal found" also the board CPU LED it's on with the red light and the QCode is 00.

I don't know wich is the actual BIOS version from the factory but i think is and old because don't reconiced my i7-4790.. I also try flashing the BIOS using this method but the green light don't start to blink just keep remains on and if i press the button for a more than 5 sec it's start to blink but stop when i leave the push.

Please help me!

My PC specs are:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790 @ 3.60GHz
Ram: Patriot Viper III 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz
GPU: Asus ROG STRIX RX 480 8GB GAMING
PSU: EVGA 600BQ 80+ Bronze
Mth: Asus Z87-PRO
SSD: SK Hynix Gold S31 500GB
Hdd: 500GB WD Blue Caviar 7,2 Rpm

https://valid.x86.fr/m73qvb
2 REPLIES 2

xyzbird
Level 8
If you go to https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Z87PRO/HelpDesk_Download/ you can find latest bios update however before using the new Intel 4th Gen Core processor, Asus suggest that you first download the BIOS updater for new Intel 4th Gen Core Processors and then update the BIOS using this tool. If you show all in bios, scroll down to bios updater and follow instructions.

[Update #2]

I fixed the problem

1) I Started the motherboard with a compatible CPU, with a clean Windows Installation and of course with the old BIOS version v1405.
2) Installed the Intel Management Engine interface v9.0.0.1323 (is obligatory this version or the ASUS Bios Update Utility don't go to work either with a lower o newer version is exactly the IME programmed to run)
3) Started the BIOS updater for New 4th Gen Intel Core Processors selecting the current BIOS version and update it!
4) Finally! the motherboard recognize the i7-4790

this is the only way to run the motherboard and similar series of ASUS with +4th generation of Intel Processors no matter what you do this is the proper method