Case: Rosewill Thor V2
MB: Asus Maximus VI Formula
CPU: Intel i7-4770-K
Video Card: XFX|R9-290A-EDBD R9 290 4GD5 R
PS: Rosewill Lightening-800 RT
Mem: 8Gx4|GSKILL F3-2400C10Q-32GTX R
HDD1: SSD 500G|SAMSUNG MZ-7TE500BW R
HDD2: HDD 4T|WD WD4003FZEX R
ODD1: LG Black 12X BD-ROM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA Internal 12X Blu-ray Combo Drive Model UH12NS29

I've searched and can't find anything on this so...

Everything seems to work wonderfully. This is just an awesome machine...now my question. My Samsung SSD is my primary drive and has the OS on it. The HDD LED is constantly on. I can't figure out why, and I can't find anything about this on any forums I've searched.

I've never had an SSD before and I am not familiar with their behavior, still, this seems unusual. Can anyone provide advice or assistance?

Oh and yes, I realize my case is a monster. However, what you don't know is that if I make a fist, it's just over 13" in diameter. This monster case is a gift from God...I've never had such an easy time getting these paws inside and actually being able to touch everything. 🙂
4 REPLIES 4

NemesisChild
Level 12
Did you make the proper connection from the front panel HDD LED to the mobo?
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
G.Skill TridentZ@ 3600MHz CL14 2x16GB
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FWT3 Ultra
Storage: WD Blue SN550 2TB NVMe M.2
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601

Brutus
Level 7
1) Yes, the HDD LED on the case is on steady, constantly.

2) Yes, I've verified the connections are correct on the board. If you use the header, it's not easy to connect wrong.

Brutus
Level 7
How about can anyone answer these questions.

1) Does Q code A0 display constantly during normal operations?

2) Does anyone else with an SSD system drive have a case HDD LED that is constantly on with no discernable flicker?