cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

haywire bios and not being able to choose changes

Mike_Kelly
Level 10
I reloaded my 3003 bios, but it made no difference. I cant use the mouse as it zig zags all over and using the up and down keys
does not allow me to choose selected items. How can I fix this ? Thanks for Your advice and help.
3 REPLIES 3

Puffnstuff
Level 10
You might try a reset to clear out the settings along with removing the battery, disconnecting all power and allowing the system to completely drain power. Then manually reenter your settings when you bring it back up and see if it works properly. Sometimes electronics turn stupid and need to be cleared out.
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, AMD 3900X, EVGA 360 aio, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z Neo, Samsung 970 Pro NVME 512gb, WD Black NVME 1 TB, Crucial MX500 2tb, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP!, EVGA Nu Audio, CM HAF 932

Mike_Kelly
Level 10
Thanks Puffnstuff. I have a triple monitor setup and the right screen is black all the time and I have to go into nvidia control panel
and set activate all displays and then re do the calibration so nvidia drivers are crazy or my rig is just all messed up.
I joined the fast ring for win 10 and that may also be a problem, but that would not affect my bios.

I just took a flashlight and looked at My MB and not even sure where the battery is.....will have to find owners manual online
and look up the VII Formula to find out. The battery may be close to 4 years old as well.....

Thank You for Your advice.

Puffnstuff
Level 10
I've run multiple monitors in the past and I've never had to do anything like that to make them work. You might try perform a clean install of the NVidia river and see if things improve. On m first maximus vii hero I also had mouse issues when in the bios then it failed on me. On this board I've never had any mouse issues. I notice that Asus hasn't upgraded that bios to 3201 yet so there's nothing higher for you to flash to.
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, AMD 3900X, EVGA 360 aio, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z Neo, Samsung 970 Pro NVME 512gb, WD Black NVME 1 TB, Crucial MX500 2tb, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP!, EVGA Nu Audio, CM HAF 932