cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gene-Z Missing X-Fi decal/sticker/chip?

Aeropath
Level 7
Hello,

I'm a recent owner of this board and wanted to know where the chip is located at, manual and various pictures show the bottom left corner to the left of the power button. There is no sizable chip in that area, just capacitors. Is there a decal or sticker missing from this area? If so how can I go about obtaining a replacement for it?

Thank you!
40 REPLIES 40

paul878
Level 7
It is missing on my too, looks like Asus wanted to save a nickel at the last moment.

KGB7
Level 7
You dont have X-FI. You have Realteck Chip masked with X-FI software.

blade-runner
Level 7
My new M4GZ doesn't have the 'sticker' either... Is there another version of this mainboard that actually has a true X-Fi chip, as mine has a Realtek ALC889?

Are all Asus SupremeFX X-Fi2 built-in audio solutions software based on Realtek chipsets? Thinking of installing my previously used Creative SB X-Fi Titanium...?

It is very miss leading, I thought it came with the Sound Blaster X-Fi chip too.

Noting Masked, they never have a chips name X-FI , not even with SB , the SB X-FI card use a EMU20K1 chips , in the case of Asus, it's X-FI MB, so like all X-FI MB, they use the creative software to enable X-FI on the board

Retired
Not applicable
correct all of our boards have X-Fi software codec package. The software license is embedded into the bios so once you install the software package, just connect online to activate it.

LA_Kings_Fan
Level 7
paul878 wrote:
It is very miss leading, I thought it came with the Sound Blaster X-Fi chip too.

I gotta agree it's a tad misleading ...

MarkedOne wrote:
Noting Masked, ........

OK, you're 'technically correct', however it doesn't explain the missing sticker on MANY of the boards ... over on overclock.net ( http://www.overclock.net/intel-motherboards/1004219-asus-maximus-iv-gene-z-owners.html ) our M4GZ owner group discussed missing stickers on several dozen of the first members who got boards, myself included, and then weeks after we got ours this guys shows up and posts a pic that HIS came with one ...

Craker wrote:
Hi everyone ... oh and whats this? As discussed earlier even though it makes no difference at all and I would have not been all that bothered by it anyway I think I may be the first to have a X-Fi 2 Sticker on my board. Still no chip, just the flashy badge.

Thanks all :thumb:

the kicker is his boards Serial # starts with the same B6MOAC###### like the rest of us ? ... so what gives ? and can we get one from Asus after the fact ? And yes this is petty but it's the principle of the matter darn it ! lol
My Rig:
MoBo - Asus MaximusIVGene-Z68
CPU - Core i7 2600k
CPU Cooler - Noctua NH-U9B SE2
RAM - 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws Z 1866 DDR3
2 x GPU(s) - 2 @ Sapphire R9 290X's
3 x SSD Drive's - Corsair Neutron XT 240 GB, Crucial M4 128 GB, Crucial M4 64 GB
2 x HDD Drive's - WD Cav Black 2 TB , WD Cav Black 1TB
PSU - eVGA Supernova 1000 P2 80+ Platinum
Case - Corsair Obsidian 450D
Monitor - HP w2207h Widescreen {x2}
OS - MS Win 7 Pro {64 bit SP1}

Retired
Not applicable
I am no judge of sound quality and can't tell the difference between a good sound card and crappy onboard sound. My question would be how does this software help to improve the overall quality of the Realtec chip? It's using their most advanced one from what I understand.. (my board doesn't have the decal either.. not that I care though)

LA_Kings_Fan wrote:
I gotta agree it's a tad misleading ...

OK, you're 'technically correct', however it doesn't explain the missing sticker on MANY of the boards ... over on overclock.net ( http://www.overclock.net/intel-motherboards/1004219-asus-maximus-iv-gene-z-owners.html ) our M4GZ owner group discussed missing stickers on several dozen of the first members who got boards, myself included, and then weeks after we got ours this guys shows up and posts a pic that HIS came with one ...

the kicker is his boards Serial # starts with the same B6MOAC###### like the rest of us ? ... so what gives ? and can we get one from Asus after the fact ? And yes this is petty but it's the principle of the matter darn it ! lol

PM me and let's see what we can do to get you the label.