cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gene Z Chassis fan control

mrboonmee
Level 7
I just installed 3) Scythe SY1225SL12LM-P 4-pin PWM fans on the Gene Z board. They run at 1000 RPM all the time. Q-Fan is enabled in the BIOS, Using Asus Fan Xpert 1.01.01.

unable to build a profile of the chassis fans in Fan Xpert, only the CPU fan.

CPU fan runs at 400 RPM at idle.

What is the point of the 4-pin fan headers if they do nothing?

Going to do some stress testing. Most likely will go for another fan solution.
3 REPLIES 3

1ceTr0n
Level 11
This unfortuently is a limitation with the Gene-Z mobo. Either switch to a fan controller or use a different mobo

thanks, i guess i should of researched more before buying it, someone said it had excellent fan control. will look for another solution.

I just built my system a couple days ago and used a Corsair H100. You are supposed to plug the two cpu fans into the H100 controller, but I would get a bios error that the cpu fans were not detected, so I plugged them into the motherboard. They ran at full speed and sounded like jet engines. Then I figured out that I can go into the bios and "ignore" the cpu fans, then plug them back into the H100 controller (which has a fan / pump speed selector button). Now it is totally quiet.

---------------------------
ASUS Maximus Gene Z | Core i7-2600K | Corsair 500R | Corsair Vengeance 16GB | Corsair H100 | Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD | Corsair TX750M | Seagate 1TB HDD | Palit GTS250 | ASUS 24x DVD±RW Drive | Win7 Ultimate
ASUS Rampage V Extreme BIOS 4101 | i7-6950X | Thermaltake Core X9 | G.Skill F4-2800C16Q-32GRK | Cooler Master Nepton 280L | Dual Samsung 850EVO 500GB SSD | PSU: DARK POWER PRO 11 1000W | 3TB & 4TB HDD | NVIDIA GTX Titan X | ASUS 24x DVD±RW Drive | Win10 Pro