cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gene V BSOD

ander12391
Level 9
Ive been getting random BSOD a lot lately. I got one today when I brought my PC out of sleep mode.
I compressed the crash dump and uploaded it. Hopefully i can get some insight on this issue
8 REPLIES 8

HiVizMan
Level 40
Having looked at the dump file I would suggest you run the Memtest86+ as per the guide in my sig. You will most likely find your ram has a few errors and that is what is causing the wake from sleep crash. Waking a PC from sleep is a very good indicator of your system stability, especially if you have quite a few applications open at the time of entering sleep and letting the system sleep for longer than 30 mins.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

I have already run memtest for 10 hours and everything passed.

Ezioo
Level 8
try uninstalling AI charger + and Daemon tools too if u installed them !
one of the V gene owners here had BSOD cuz of those Apps .. give it a try and it might help 🙂

good luck fixing it mate

HiVizMan
Level 40
Did you follow all the steps exactly as per my guide on Memtest86+ I am not talking about the memory test in OS?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Yeah i booted to the USB Drive and ran memtest 86+ for about 10 hours.

hey there as ezioo posted i had issues with random bsod on a v gene i uninstalled ai charger + and daemon tools and touch wood ive been stable ever since
oh and as a quick aside i ran mem test and got no issues with my memory either
azipharel

use the little red button on the mobo to align ram and by looking at the required ram modules 1.5v is recommended , but try the go button for stability

eddylipstick
Level 7
As I can see in the dump, the problem is caused by iusb3xhc.sys.

Try updating the Intel USB 3.0 controller?
DESKTOP: Maximus V GENE ~ i5 2500K 1.42v @ 4.8Ghz ~ NH-D14 ~ 8GB vengeance 2133 mhz ~ Sapphire 7970 ~ intel 330 ssd 180GB ~ NAS 6TB
NOTEBOOK: Asus N53SV ~ i5 2430m ~ gt540m ~ 8GB RAM ~ corsair force 3 ssd 90GB ~ intel wifi module 6300
TAB: Asus Transformer Pad TF300T JELLY BEAN 4.1.1 HYDRO 3.4 MOBILE: Acer liquid A1 white CM7.2