cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FX-8350 works fine in Crosshair IV Extreme, Bios Ver 3027

supercoolin
Level 8
I have been running a FX-8150 since March and just installed the FX-8350. Works great other than the CPU temps report incorrectly. You need to verify temps and voltages with CPUID HWMonitor. I am running 8 threads in the World Community Grid with the pair of HD-6990's crankiong out 8 units every 9 minutes.

Here is the CPU-Z Validation:

http://valid.canardpc.com/2601008

14468
25,717 Views
12 REPLIES 12

SUKARA
Level 10
Very Sorry....
I can't find any error of this picture....

SUKARA@ASUS wrote:
Very Sorry....
I can't find any error of this picture....


This will be my very last ASUS motherboard because of the poor support by ASUS. The CHIVE has more than a year left on the warranty period, it can run the latest processors, yet ASUS support refuses to provide BIOS revisions or support for these new CPU's. I spent a lot of money to buy the best Motherboard only to have ASUS refuse to provide support. The only problem with this motherboard is the crappy ASUS support team, not the exceptional hardware the company built.

HEY SUPERCOOLING,
just got a 8350, using my CHIV Extreme, any tips on installing 8350 i know bios 3027, can i flash bios to 3027 with my other cpu 1100T will it put it aside in my 2nd bios on my board, im running 2002's bios now.
need a little guidence from you ........on the part
thank you supercooling

eric wrote:
HEY SUPERCOOLING,
just got a 8350, using my CHIV Extreme, any tips on installing 8350 i know bios 3027, can i flash bios to 3027 with my other cpu 1100T will it put it aside in my 2nd bios on my board, im running 2002's bios now.
need a little guidence from you ........on the part
thank you supercooling


After you flash the 3027 bios and before you install the FX-8350, make sure you raise the voltage +.125v on the CPU in BIOS. That will set the staring CPU voltage at 1.375V. Load your OS and then check everything with CPUID HWMonitor to verify actuals. Now you are ready to start increasing the FSB and multipliers.

supercoolin wrote:
After you flash the 3027 bios and before you install the FX-8350, make sure you raise the voltage +.125v on the CPU in BIOS. That will set the staring CPU voltage at 1.375V. Load your OS and then check everything with CPUID HWMonitor to verify actuals. Now you are ready to start increasing the FSB and multipliers.


just checked my other bios its 3027 already there from a year ago, big plus for me, undertand about the cpu voltage up it before i change cpus, how about the turbo in the bios, should i disable that for the 8350 from what ive been hearing? of course cupz thats how i saw my 3027 bios in there, thank God i did that 1 year ago.
i should have smooth sailing at 5 to 5.5 ghz, thanks for the help supercoolin, i just hope my evap. head threads are ok when i tear it down,
and not striped. in your opinion supercoolin our boards now CH4E how much better is the CH5-Z or what can you say?
thanks buddy,
BTW is there a 3029 bios our boards

x us army 101st airborne division soldier
eric

supercoolin wrote:
After you flash the 3027 bios and before you install the FX-8350, make sure you raise the voltage +.125v on the CPU in BIOS. That will set the staring CPU voltage at 1.375V. Load your OS and then check everything with CPUID HWMonitor to verify actuals. Now you are ready to start increasing the FSB and multipliers.


You are making an ssumption you shouldn'y make. The VID for the 8350 varies. It can be as low as 1.325 volts. I'd start at 1.35 volts and work up if necessary.

supercoolin wrote:
This will be my very last ASUS motherboard because of the poor support by ASUS. The CHIVE has more than a year left on the warranty period, it can run the latest processors, yet ASUS support refuses to provide BIOS revisions or support for these new CPU's. I spent a lot of money to buy the best Motherboard only to have ASUS refuse to provide support. The only problem with this motherboard is the crappy ASUS support team, not the exceptional hardware the company built.

Crosshair IV Formula has a 2012 bios 3029 with support for the AMD FX 8350. Where is our at?
I thought the Crosshair IV Extreme was the more expensive and newer board compared to the CHiV formula?
If anything this board should have the latest bios updates compared to sub par boards, I paid more.
Also I am having trouble with a AMD fx 8120 and certain steam games. Black Ops 2 for one
I read on steam to update my bios and AMD now knows its a known problem with some of the 990 boards which they released a fix to the manufacturers.
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/STEAM-AMD-FX-Processors-BSOD-bios,15630.html

What was the purpose of releasing a beta bios to us and never to release a final to us?
Anyone else experience any of this?


"(Tom's Hardware reached out to AMD, Asus, Gigabyte, MSI, and ASRock for feedback on this reported problem with Steam games and the FX processors. AMD states:

"We had identified an issue early on and provided the fix to all motherboard manufacturers. The application was attempting to check a register, which caused the instability. We modified the BIOS to resolve the issue as the most efficient way of providing a solution to users with no degradation in performance. Most motherboards would not have experienced the issue at all as their shipping BIOS would have included the fix.")" If only they would apply the fixes to our Crosshair IV Extreme bios.
I currently use:
A downloaded file/app called Orichi-Ceg allows you to play games like black ops with this system setup.
Windows also has two hotfixs for throttling problems. Windows6.1-KB2645594-x64 , Windows6.1-KB2646060-v3-x64
I have read the FX - 9590 cpu works in the Crosshair iv if you set it up right.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1429935/the-fx-9590-cpu-works-great-in-the-crosshair-iv-extreme

Can we get a team to fix our bios issues for the CHIVE?
Willing to donate/pay.

supercoolin wrote:
This will be my very last ASUS motherboard because of the poor support by ASUS. The CHIVE has more than a year left on the warranty period, it can run the latest processors, yet ASUS support refuses to provide BIOS revisions or support for these new CPU's. I spent a lot of money to buy the best Motherboard only to have ASUS refuse to provide support. The only problem with this motherboard is the crappy ASUS support team, not the exceptional hardware the company built.


I could Not Disagree with you More.
Asus provides the best 'support' in the World-your reading and posting in it.
Im wondering if you find the 'perfect manufacturer support company' but the second best hardware .. hahhaa ..
what have you gained ???
Get on with as HiViz has asked .. and we will all stay in the lead.

PaniQ
Level 7
I have the same problem with CHIV F, bios cpu temp is about 15c off and is thermal throttling my cpu at 55c.

http://i.imgur.com/PX22L.jpg