Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freeze while in UEFI (Q-Fan Settings)

jolle_spam
Level 7
Hi everybod,
at first, pls excuse my english 😄

Sometimes my System freeze while im setting up the UEFI especially the Q-Fan Settings (manuel). When edit the graph it sometimes freeze so i have to reset. Windows/Games etc are 100% stable without any problems. No OC.

Any Ideas, or a UEFI-Bug?
8 REPLIES 8

HiVizMan
Level 40
Could you tell me how you are setting up the UEFI settings?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

jolle_spam
Level 7
Directly in the UEFI: Start System -> Press DEL -> Q-Fan (top bar)

HiVizMan
Level 40
Right just wanted to make sure that you were in the BIOS and not using the FaxexpertII application that can manage the fans too.

OK please try this.

List your hardware and include the bios version as well as what fans you are trying to control.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

jolle_spam
Level 7
My Hardware:

i7 4790k Stock
2x4GB GSkill Ares 1600Mhz
MSI R9 290
Bequite Pure Power 530W
2x250GB Samsung 840 Evo SSD

Everything in a Phanteks Enthoo Primo Case with 6 Fans, connected to Chassis1_FAN with the Phanteks PWM Hub, maybe to much?

HiVizMan
Level 40
Yeah I would think it may be prudent to split them up and spread the load.

What is of concern to me is the PSU size in relation to the system you have. I wonder what the 290 pulls when running games or load?

As a rule of thumb I like to have my PSU never run at more that 65% or rated wattage.

jolle_spam
Level 7
My System needs ~390W, the PSU has 480W @ 12V, should be OK!
Today, i connected a power-cable directly from psu to the fans, and have to see if that works!

Raja
Level 13
One fan header can supply 1 amp max. It's a good idea not to exceed 1 amp 🙂

jolle_spam
Level 7
Thanks!
The fans are very close to 1 amp/12w. I found specs that they need 11,96-12,6 W , all together. So i think, its better to support them with the PSU?

Hope the view days with 12,6W did not damage my board?!