cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing BIOS resulted in breaking RAID MIRROR of drives.

SANWizard
Level 7
RAMPAGE IV BLACK EDITION - Windows 8.1

I flashed from Beta Version 0801 down to Version 0701 for added stability in hopes of eliminating random reboots that I've been experiencing. Afterwards, my BIOS SATA setting had changed from "RAID" to "AHCI" and the system attempted to boot several times with no success. After changing the BIOS setting back to RAID, the system booted up, but all mirrors had broken, and now I have twice as my drives. Some using drive letters that were not in use prior. No data loss, but no protection either. Using the Intel Rapid Storage Technology software I could see that while all drives were healthy, the option to re-mirror them was not possible without losing my data. Anybody have a solution around this, or how to avoid this for next time I want to do a BIOS change???
1 REPLY 1

azuratidus
Level 7
No U CANT. Even I would recommend you Load Optimized / Default settings in your BIOS/UEFI after flashing a new BIOS/UEFI. It is highly suggested. Then go to your SATA settings set it back to RAID mode.
By the way, what is the point of getting mobo that designed for OCers while you never use it ?