Hi, i tried flashing again to a lower version, but it now says bios is write protected. Any idea how to fix?
I AM NOT RESPONSABLE IN ANYWAY IF THIS DAMAGES YOUR MOTHERBOARD THIS IS FOR PEOPLE THAT DONT HAVE FLASHBACK
AND HAVE NO OTHER WAY TO ROLL BACK THEIR BIOS I REMOVED THIS TUTORIAL BUT DECIDED TO PUT IT BACK FOR NOW AFTER ALOT OF PMs
How to flash you Asus Mother Board using a USB
This is for people that want to rollback their bios but EZ Flash wont let them
Example: you are on bios 1001 then you up date to bios 3401 but you decide you want to go back to 1001 because your system was more stable on 1001 but bios 3401 wont let you go back using the flash tools in the bios or windows.
This method uses a tool called AFUDOS.exe to flash your bios in Dos
1st thing to consider make sure u have "American Megatrends Bios"
- To check this in Windows 10 or 8.1 just right-click on the Start button and then choose Run.
- In the Run window or search box, type the following exactly as shown: msinfo32 and push enter or ok
Your System info should pop up and you can see your Bios
2nd thing to consider - THIS IS EASY it may look hard or like alot of steps but its not
Now that you confirmed you have a "American Megatrends Bios" and that its not Brain surgery we can proceed
SOFTWARE and Files that you will need
DOWNLOAD LINK - https://www.dropbox.com/s/mpsaqxahhtccgls/Flash%20Bios%20USB.zip?dl=0
Files needed (included in download above)
- Rufus Format
- AFUDOS.exe (this is software used to flash your bios)
- The files I have included in the "Copy to USB" folder (this is in the download I provide)
- UEFITool.exe (this is to convert your .CAP files to .ROM files)
- And of course your Bios File (this you will need to get from your Motherboards support page)
All of the software and files needed are included in the download link
----- CSM MUST BE ENABLED IN YOUR BIOS IN ORDER FOR THIS TO WORK -----
----- IF YOU HAVE IT DISABLED YOU CAN DISABLE IT AGAIN AFTER YOU FLASH YOUR BIOS -----
----- MAKE SURE YOUR .ROM FILE IS NAMED bios.rom OR IT WONT WORK -----
----- YOU CAN KEEP ON USING THIS USB STICK FOR YOUR MOTHERBOARD OVER AND OVER AGAIN AS LONG AS YOU NAME THE BIOS FILE bios.rom WHEN USING IT WITH THIS USB -----
I was going to write a tutorial but I thought it would be easier to do a video...