cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

first rog board and new set of problems lol

mob_bob
Level 7
Hi, im new to the rog series boards, i have the formula v but its at the shop where they are testing it for faults, purchased on weekend and did the usual fresh install win 7-64

It would work fine and then all of a sudden it would just shutdown the screen and i would not be able to post when retrying after black screen problem. stability issue?
Cpu pins look fine, cant see any burn or strange marks on the board, all power sockets

All my previous equipment which was setup on this board was used in my last pc
I was simply upgrading. Hope its nothing serious. I was amazed at some of the features, i went into the shop to buy a sabertooth and came out with the maximus. Never knew about rog boards.
Hopefully if everything goes smooth then i might get the gtx580 rog gpu.
Go with the theme..........
8 REPLIES 8

mob_bob
Level 7
please ignore bad english, im using this pda as my temporary machine and its functions with this site is tricky, might have to try crysis 3 on this thing, is there a app available for this site on android?

KPRage
Level 10
mob bob (catchy name mate!), welcome to ROG.. Can you please specify your system details? ROG boards are some of the best ones out there and you will enjoy them..:) Do post back once you get any news on this from the shop..:)

P.S: Your English aint bad buddy..:)
CPU: Intel i5 3570k OC'd to 4.6GHz @1.170V; Mobo: MVG; GPU: Zotac 1070 mini OC'd to +210MHz/+205MHz; Memory: 8GB (2X4GB dual channel) Corsair Vengeance 1333Mhz 9-10-9-T2; SSD: Samsung 840 pro; HDD: 1TB WD Green 6Gbps; PSU: Corsair GS 600w; Case: Bitfenix Merc Alpha:Hybrid Octane in progress; Cooler: Corsair H80 closed loop cooling @ high profile;

Pre & Post Build Guide

A lot of epic FAIL videos are made before one epic WIN video is made 🙂

mob_bob
Level 7
Hi matey, system specs are - max v formula z77 intel i5 3570k 2 hd7970 corsair hx1050 psu ssd128gb 16gb ram kingston hyperx anything i missed

KPRage
Level 10
What is your BIOS version of the mobo and, the GPUs? Also, did you have the same issue when you installed only one of the GPU?
CPU: Intel i5 3570k OC'd to 4.6GHz @1.170V; Mobo: MVG; GPU: Zotac 1070 mini OC'd to +210MHz/+205MHz; Memory: 8GB (2X4GB dual channel) Corsair Vengeance 1333Mhz 9-10-9-T2; SSD: Samsung 840 pro; HDD: 1TB WD Green 6Gbps; PSU: Corsair GS 600w; Case: Bitfenix Merc Alpha:Hybrid Octane in progress; Cooler: Corsair H80 closed loop cooling @ high profile;

Pre & Post Build Guide

hi, latest drivers and bios from asus website. pain in the ass, now im using my 10 year old machine (asus pk5.............) my board is in the shop being tested. if it gets rma which I never had to do or don't what the procedure is. I did contact asus and they told me to take it back to the retailer along with the e-mail he sent me a telephone number which was my statuary rights being played to me, then I knew this was going to be a problem. hope the shop don't say I have damaged it and I lose all the money. board was only 4 days old. I have heard some good things and bad things regarding rma.

KPRage
Level 10
Don't worry bob.. You can post back here on this and, we have some really awesome people from Asus to help you in the process if it comes to that.. For now, lets wait for the board to come back from the shop mate.. 🙂

Pre & Post Build Guide

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hello mate what progress here, and as to the graphic card I would hold up on the 580 and think about a seven series VGA instead or even a six series over the five.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

mob_bob
Level 7
Hi, Board is all working fine, this rig is a straight up gaming machine, no power saving features, no intel sleepy mode, No wifi ,when its on its ON.

In the market for a new Gpu, and then full water cooled mobo, The barbs on the thermal fusion are not great for the other size tubing.

migh have to modify them or simply purchase the EK mobo water blocks. wish I could buy the chip set block separate.