cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fan Xpert 2 problem?

steve1873
Level 7
Hi there, I have the Hero 6 and have stumbled upon a small issue which is bugging me, as opposed to causing me a problem. I have a full custom water-cooled loop and have 2 Scythe GT's connected to the CPU_FAN via a 2-way splitter and 3 Scythe GT's (on my external rad) connected via a 3-way splitter to CPU_OPT. These are non PWM fans but can be controlled via Fan Xpert and seem to have a controllable speed from 300rpm all the way to 1850rpm.

However, upon monitoring via AI Suite it would appear the fans on the CPU_OPT drop to 0rpm for a few seconds every minute or so. Although the fans don't actually appear to slow down visibly. Monitoring them via HWMonitor seems to show the same behaviour. It may not be a problem as such, but obviously if there is regular volatage changes etc it may not be good in the long term for the health of the fans in question. I have created a short video which I have uploaded to youtube to show the behaviour.

Is this normal and nothing to get concerned over?

LINK TO VID: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGfYCeePqyU

Also, what do the different colours of the speed monitoring represent? Seems to vary depending on what profile is selected, Red being fan is shut down I presume, but there is also yellow and the green colour as seen in all fans in video.
0 REPLIES 0