cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fan Expert 3 SmartMode doesn't work with SENSOR1

NesTea
Level 7
I want to control the fans on my radiators with Fan Xpert 3 depending on the water temperature. I connected a temperature sensor from my watercooler to SENSOR1 on the motherboard and created a temperature depending curve in Fan Expert. When I select the SENSOR1 as source my fans don't speed up for higher temperatures. They always stay at the base fan speed (see attachment). With other source like CPU, Motherboard or VRM it works fine.
Does someone know how to fix this or a alternative software that's working better on W8.1?
ASUS is building great Motherboard but a lot of the software features don't seem to work very well.

42 REPLIES 42

bmac1191
Level 7
I still have this problem.. at a random time the fan controls stop working. Its hit or miss. I think I'll be taking out my pwm fan.

You know they don't have a fix for this or plan on fixing it since we are being ignored.

Very interesting is: it should work after "fixing".

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Works on our side. If it does not work for you contact ASUS Support Germany.

I've contacted the guys in Germany. Waiting for answer...
Maybe the testing-guys cannot reproduce this error.

bmac1191
Level 7
Thanks for that.. yeah I came on here to post with my results with the new 2601 on the formula vii.

With the software, it was still acting strange. I removed it and set a pwm profile in the bios again and it seems to be working. The only downside is I cannot see the temp, so I am not 100% sure it is working. But the fan does not jump erratically and seems to increase and decrease at times that make sense.

I also disabled the asus fan (forget name) service. I did it before uninstalling the program so I would assume it would be same thing as uninstalling, but I did not test.

bmac1191
Level 7
But will that work in a formula vii? Is it the same bios as the hero?

Asus has a new 2601 out.. It didn't work with the software. It works if using the bios controls, but stops working while playing games. As soon as you exit a game, the fan kicks in.

How did you contact them? Does it work while playing games?

bmac1191 wrote:
But will that work in a formula vii? Is it the same bios as the hero?

Asus has a new 2601 out.. It didn't work with the software. It works if using the bios controls, but stops working while playing games. As soon as you exit a game, the fan kicks in.

How did you contact them? Does it work while playing games?

Hey bmac,
Don't know if it works with Formula VII.

The cooling works fine, also while gaming.

Maybe you should contact them, too. I did it on the website of asus: https://vip.asus.com/VIP2/Services/QuestionForm?lang=en-us

trinitat wrote:
Hey bmac,
Don't know if it works with Formula VII.

The cooling works fine, also while gaming.

Maybe you should contact them, too. I did it on the website of asus: https://vip.asus.com/VIP2/Services/QuestionForm?lang=en-us

Thanks, I submitted a ticket to them again. So do you have to use the software for it to work correctly still or just use the bios settings?

Hey bmac,

I'm using the software, because I like to modify the settings in windows. I _hope_ it works without the suite, too.

Wallboy
Level 7
This same type of issue happens with the MotherBoard sensor as well as I've reported here: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?60975-Odd-fan-behavior-with-MB-Source-Possible-BIOS-Bug

Now that I've found a few different threads about the problem dating back to almost a year, I think it's safe to say this issue probably will never be acknowledged or fixed. I'm now just using SpeedFan to achieve the same fan curve with the MotherBoard sensor and it works fine.

Stinoo
Level 7
I really liked Asus AISuite 3 fan control but on my Maximus Formula VII it can see like only 3 out of 5 fan headers im using.
GG Asus 😞 Reinstalling doesnt help.