cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fan control - auto stop not working for CPU.

AnipsDK
Level 7
i can get all my 4 case fans to turn off. But turning off the cpu and optional fan is not possible. Neither in bios nor AI suite 😕
I have the maximus vii hero.
3 REPLIES 3

chevell65
Level 12
The front fan and the CPU fan stay on by default and don't turn off, even in silent mode. You don't want those turning off while the machine is running because CPU cooling is a constant requirement.

AnipsDK
Level 7
I'm running 46 degrees at full-load and fans on 35% speed. Turning them off shouldn't be a problem. Just can't seem to get them to do it! -.-'

InToSSH
Level 7
I think you can't do this aswell, there is even not an option for auto stop in AI Suite 3, only for other fans, not the CPU.. and I also think this wouldnt be good idea, it might seem to be alright for you now, but when you stop them completely, the heatsink will get hot pretty fast when there is no air moving through.. you can try to unconnect them manualy and put the CPU under full load and you will see the quick raise, though I really dont recommand this..
Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) / Core i7-8700k / Asus Strix GTX1070 Ti / Corsair Vengeance LED RED DDR4 4x8GB @ 2666Mhz / SAMSUNG 850 EVO 500GB SSD / 4TB WD Red / CoolerMaster Master Case 5 Pro / Corsair H100i v2 / Corsair CX750M