Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F3-2400C10Q-32GTX + ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z + Intel i7-3770

Sohan24
Level 7
http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=13843

Hi!

I've been trying to get my memory kit to 2400 for that past 2 weeks.
My original kit had 2 defective sticks so I RMA'd it and got a new one which finally worked - OS detected all 4 sticks.
Unfortunately I've not been able to utilize the XMP timings; each time I do so it sends the PC into a boot loop.
The highest speed I've been able to attain with this RAM is 2133 MHz but with occasional blue screens.
I've run Memtest on the sticks overnight with no errors so they seem to be good.
Could I please have some help with overclocking my RAM?
I've searched online and found many guides and tried loosening timings, boosting VCCIO, and overclocking the i-7 to no avail.
I've even updated/reflashed the BIOS, then manually updated it using UBU.
Link at top is for the G.Skill forum post I made.

Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

Nate152
Hello Sohan24

You will likely have to increase the cpu system agent voltage and maybe the Dram voltage too.

If you can't get it to go then it seems the cpu's integrated memory controller isn't up to the task.

How does it go with 2 sticks?

Sorry for the late reply. Hurt my back a few days ago and rested during the college spring break.
I've tried two sticks and can't seem to get any higher.
Other than increasing VCCIO, is there any way to increase the system agent voltage (VCCSA)?

Thanks!

Nate152
Yes the vccio voltage, cpu system agent voltage and Dram voltage can be found on the extreme tweaker tab.