cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ez_plug + AX1200w

aislanmo
Level 7
Hello friends.

I'm using a Corsair AX1200 power supply, and not found plug for use in connection ez-plug.

Can I use the adapter for floppy on ez-plug2 (DIMM)?

And for the ez-plug1, my power supply has no connection to this, which correct?

Thank you.
6 REPLIES 6

HalloweenWeed
Level 12
My EZ-plug 1 was a four-pin std Molex. But the manual shows a six-pin. How many pins is yours? Yes you can use the adapter to the molex (molex is straight one-row four pin, like old computer power plugs). You don't need to use both EZ-plugs unless you are using multiple high-current video cards. The PCIe plugs that come W/AX1200 will work for the six-pin plugs. These EZ-Plugs are actually for PCIe cards.
What video cards are you using, and how many?

EDIT 10/6: I just noticed that I was talking about the R3E, and he (and I too) has the RIVE. FYI.
i7-3930K; Asus RIVE; G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 4x4GB DDR3 1866; MSI 7870 2GD5/OC; Crucial M4 SSD 256GB;
Corsair 1000HX; Corsair H100, 4x Excalibur 120mm PWM CPU Fan p-p, AS5; SB X-Fi Titanium Fata1ity Pro;
Dell U2412m IPS 1920x1200; Cooler Master HAF 932 case; Tripp-Lite OMNIVS1500 UPS fully Line-interactive.
(EVGA site: ) And I have a second (wife's) computer, Eve.

Overclocking is useless to me if it is not rock stable.

Nodens
Level 16
Yes you can use the floppy connector it's exactly the same (Berg plug).
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

lenehan
Level 10
You do not need it if you are not running multiple card. But if you really need it. Just buy those floppy cable as Nodens stated.
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

Thanks Friends,

I will use the floppy disk cable to the auxiliary power memory.

Today I have only one Asus Radeon 7970 DC2. At another time I will buy another card 7970, but hardly will use four cards.

Thank you.

sorry my bad english..

Nodens
Level 16
The EZ Plug2 is for the RAM. I'm sure lenehan thought you were talking about EZ Plug1 which is for the Video adapters. You need 1 if you run 3-4 video adapters and 2 if you run more than 4 RAM modules (or modules with dense capacity). Plugging them anyhow is a good idea because of better power distribution.
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

HalloweenWeed
Level 12
I would go with what Nodens said about the RAM modules. But the 7970, depending on exactly what version you have (yes I see you have stated that), can draw >300W. Given this high current draw, even though you have only a single card, it is borderline call whether to connect the EZ-plug 1. Now if your card is more in the 250W range (925MHz), you shouldn't have to do that.
i7-3930K; Asus RIVE; G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 4x4GB DDR3 1866; MSI 7870 2GD5/OC; Crucial M4 SSD 256GB;
Corsair 1000HX; Corsair H100, 4x Excalibur 120mm PWM CPU Fan p-p, AS5; SB X-Fi Titanium Fata1ity Pro;
Dell U2412m IPS 1920x1200; Cooler Master HAF 932 case; Tripp-Lite OMNIVS1500 UPS fully Line-interactive.
(EVGA site: ) And I have a second (wife's) computer, Eve.

Overclocking is useless to me if it is not rock stable.