cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code 15 pre memory system agent initialization is started?

faygokris
Level 7
So I have had my system up and running for about three weeks now, teaking here and there, but I have been out of the game for a long time so it has taking me some catching up to do.

Current systems specs:

Maximus vi Extreme
4770k Delidded
G Skill trident X 32gb 2800
2 x MSI GTX 780 Lightning (SLI)
Samsung evo 250gb SSD
EVGA G2 1300w PSU

System is under a Single stage phase change unit.

The system was running perfectly fine at 4.8ghz before I decided to instal a probe type k.

I was concerned with the cpu temp not being what the type k probe attached to the evap was so I ordered a spare and placed it under the processor. It is sitting ontop of a piece of insulation and taped down to it to cover all the metal up.

AFter this I have not been able to post, nothing even comes on screen. I get error code 15 and that is listed pre memory system agent initialization is started?

Can someone please help me?
20 REPLIES 20

faygokris
Level 7
Yup pulled the probe. Still nothing.

Tried reseating the DIMM's one by one, and swapping between all 4 sticks.

I afraid it might be a bent pin or something. The CPU LED is lit up.

I read somewhere that Asus will replace the socket? for a fee?

Chino
Level 15
Before you jump to conclusions, you can remove your CPU and inspect the CPU socket carefully for any bent or missing pins.

faygokris
Level 7
I plan on it in the morning, when there is more light. I live in a ****ty apt, so light is not my firend until the sun comes up. I have taken the thing apart three different times today trying to square it away, fingers crossed I will check the socket tomorrow.

Chino
Level 15
After you've checked the socket, try using the stock heatsink instead of your chiller. And also clean the memory slots just in case and insert just one stick of RAM into the DIMM_A2 slot. Verify that it's installed correctly and inserted all the way down into the slow until you hear the click sound.

faygokris
Level 7
Well it likes somehow my art eraser go pushed into the socket. Dont know how I missed that when I installed the probe. its pushing th pins, but cant say for sure how far out of the way.

HiVizMan
Level 40
No worries you should be able to resolve the bent pins. Just need a steady hand some good light 😄 and a very thin blade, simply nudge the pins back in line very gently. Remember they are made of spring like metal so you need to do the movements in small amounts.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

faygokris
Level 7
So I pulled it all apart ready to RMA it, got the number from Asus and everything. Decided to give it one last wack and straightening the pins, and attached one stick of ram and the stock cooler and bamm it fired right up.

MAKE UP YOUR MIND!!!!! lol

So now I have to call asus back and be like nevemind,

Did lose my OC though, sad face...

HiVizMan
Level 40
Ah rather loose the OC and have the board working my friend.

We can work on the OC no worries with that.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.