cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DRAM LED - Crosshair Formula IV

Lukassc
Level 7
Yesterday I upgrade the BIOS and now can`t access POST. The screen is black. I use the LAST BIOS upgrade.

I tried to reset the CMOS
Go Button
Change the memory (I don`t know why because its was working just fine).

I really don`t know what happening.

HELP!
10 REPLIES 10

haihane
Level 13
Crosshair Formula IV, does it support BIOS flashback function?
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

HiVizMan
Level 40
The CH4 dose not support bios flashback sorry.

Hello Lukassc could you tell me how your updated the BIOS and also did you power down during the BIOS process because it was taking a long time to update?

What I would do is remove all the hardware and this includes the VGA and then rebuild the system on the box the mobo came from, use it like a non-conductive test bench you see.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Lukassc
Level 7
Hi! I upgrade the BIOS with the ASUS Upgrade. When the instalation complete, ask me to reboot. After that, black screen and DRAM light...

I don't know why I have to use the motherboard with the box... Sorry my ignorance. 😛

HiVizMan
Level 40
No worries about asking why... that is the only way to learn stuff.

The box is non-conductive so it is a safe test bench.

OK the problem is that you used the OS. Now I need you to look in the user manual and see how to do a clear cmos with the jumpers.

First you are going to remove all the power connectors from your PSU, and remove all the hardware from your board. Cpu too. And take out the CMOS battery.

Once your board is stripped do the clear cmos and let your board stand for a few hours, I would let it stand over night.

So while that is going on download the bios from your motherboard support page and extract the bios to the root directory of a fat formatted USB stick. You will need this later.

Now 12 hours have passed and you are going to put your system back together. Only one stick of memory in the slot furtherest from the CPU.

Keyboard and mouse, then VGA. Now connect all the power cables.

Power on and go into BIOS and flash your bios using the EZFlash utility found in the tools menu of your bios.

If this does not work there is a plan B 🙂
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Not working... 😞 Plan B?

HiVizMan
Level 40
Plan B - go to ebay and buy a CHV BIOS chip with the bios version you need or want pre flashed.

Lukassc
Level 7
So, asus support ti perform The BIOS Upgrade froM The OS. But somehow that was the problem?? Now I need to buy a new chip... I'm from Argentina and I never get one of those. There must be something else that we could do.

Lukassc
Level 7
I finally make it work! I just change the RAM and it works! Perhaps the new BIOS does not support my current RAM. Now can you please tell me how to downgrade the BIOS?
When I try to do it from the BIOS, "The bios is older than the installed..." So... Downgrade please?

Lukassc wrote:
I finally make it work! I just change the RAM and it works! Perhaps the new BIOS does not support my current RAM. Now can you please tell me how to downgrade the BIOS?
When I try to do it from the BIOS, "The bios is older than the installed..." So... Downgrade please?

i've successfully downgraded, bios 1603, 1703, to bios 1503. using asus bios update utility from the windows itself.
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.