cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

difference between z370 tuf plus gaming & z370 tuf plus gaming II ??????

URIZEN
Level 7
question's in the title

there's two z370 boards, both "Tuf" both "gaming plus" version, one is version I & the other is version II - what's the difference?

I know the II version is already compatibel with 9th gen CPUs (without bios update) but what's the PHYSICAL differences?

second question: how come there's no windows 8 drivers for the II version?

plus gaming has drivers for 7, 8 & 10

but plus gaming II only has drivers for 7 & 10, not 8 - WTF???
12 REPLIES 12

HiVizMan
Level 40
The TUF board was designed with the user who needed dependability as their main buying reason.

Maximus - is the ROG range and is the high end premium side of motherboards. Lots of features, and bling that will appeal to high end gamers and system builders who want to show case their PC. Modders and the like.

For day to day use I personally would go with a TUF board. Less to go wrong in my view.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

URIZEN
Level 7
holyfuk - I just realized that the 8 phases on the Tuf ain't true phases (they're actually 4 true phases and 8 virtual phases)

if that's true then an octocore will definitely melt the VRM's right? no quad-VRM can reliably run an octocore at full stock speed +_+

HiVizMan
Level 40
Dude I have told you it will be fine. If you do not believe me then well and good - look at another motherboard or a different manufacturer.

At the end of the day it is you that has to be happy. And it seems you want to be convinced to get another motherboard and not the TUF. All good - don't get the TUF board go for a Maximus Extreme XI they are designed for the 9900K - I have one and love it. 🙂

Take care bud. I am sure that what ever you choose you will be happy with the outcome.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.