cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug LED code 2F, no boot, no BIOS

Braw
Level 7
Hey, guys!

I came across the following issue with my new Gene-Z mobo. It has been working for more than a month. Recently I went for some tweaks within BIOS, and now I can neither boot Win7, nor even enter BIOS itself. All it does is show "2F" error code, and that's it. The screen is black, no other warning LEDs light up on the mobo.
I've tried replacing memory slots in every possible way, clearing CMOS mem, as the manual suggests (also with battery removal) - nothing helped.
I used to experience two other difficulties when the system was still functional. My HDD kept from the previous build would not always be recognized (especially after system restart) by the system (neither in BIOS, nor in Win). Also, putting memory to XMP mode was all I could do in terms of overclocking - all other settings changes failed (the PC would not boot thereafter or just go for immediate restart).

What is wrong and what could be done in order to start my system and enter BIOS? Hope for your fast response. Thanks in advance!

Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z
Intel Core i7-2600K @ 3400 MHz
4GB x 2 G.Skill RipjawsX F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM
Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870 1 GB GDDR5 OC
Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 120 GB SSD
Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 ST3200822AS HDD
Nexus NX-4090 400W PSU
2 REPLIES 2

xeromist
Have you tried one memory module and pressing the MemOK button? (when powered off)

I would take everything apart and check the socket for damaged or scorched pins. Then just rebuilt with the CPU and a single stick of memory. Try to post with the bear minimum before adding video, storage, and any peripherals.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Hi, xeromist and thanks for your tip.
I did as you suggested, but no good - "2F" still remains the only feedback from the mobo in all the cases (incl. MemOK procedure). If no memslots seated, debug code reads "53" and dram_led goes on.
Any further ideas of what else to try?