cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug code OC

HarryM
Level 7
This is a brand new RIVE and when I try and turn it on it posts but after 14 it gets stuck on oc and the CPU led is on red. What does this mean and what do I do about it?
27 REPLIES 27

HiVizMan
Level 40
List your hardware for a start and we might be able to help you. 🙂
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HarryM
Level 7
Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Intel i7 - 3930k
Corsair H100
Nvidia GTX 660ti
Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB
2 Seagate green 3TB drives in raid 1
Corsair 16GB Vengeance ram
Corsair AX1200i

HiVizMan
Level 40
Two things.

Ensure your PSU connectors are correctly fitted. Pay especial care to the 12V CPU connectors. It may just be that they are not correctly seated.

Next, H100 users have reported similar behaviour if the fan headers for the cooler are not correctly mounted to the CPU fan header.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

still nothing, do you know what that debug code means?

HarryM
Level 7
ill try reseating the cables, I'm plugging the fans straight into the motherboard because the H100 fan controller makes an annoying noise with my pwm fans

HalloweenWeed
Level 12
It's not a debug code, it signifies the step that POST is in, the code signifies it is stuck at the step designated 0C and is not progressing for some reason. FYI. The debug table says "Reserved for future AMI SEC error codes," I don't know what that means. Try reseating your RAM. Make sure it is fully inserted, at both ends. GL.
i7-3930K; Asus RIVE; G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 4x4GB DDR3 1866; MSI 7870 2GD5/OC; Crucial M4 SSD 256GB;
Corsair 1000HX; Corsair H100, 4x Excalibur 120mm PWM CPU Fan p-p, AS5; SB X-Fi Titanium Fata1ity Pro;
Dell U2412m IPS 1920x1200; Cooler Master HAF 932 case; Tripp-Lite OMNIVS1500 UPS fully Line-interactive.
(EVGA site: ) And I have a second (wife's) computer, Eve.

Overclocking is useless to me if it is not rock stable.

Still nothing, if it helps the poster says 14 before it gets stuck on 0c

HarryM
Level 7
oh ok thanks ill give that a try as well

HalloweenWeed
Level 12
You should check your CPU socket for bent pins. Use a stereo magnifier if you can, and plenty of light. when you have the light at the right angle, and your view at the right angle, a bent or broken pin will stick out like a rubber BB in a pkg. of metal BBs. But you have to have good enough eyesight to focus on these to see it. Once I bent a few pins on my RIVE, as I fat-fingered removing the CPU pin cover. But using the stereo magnifier and a tiny jewelers screwdriver I was able to bend them back proper, and it has worked for me fine for a year now. The pins are installed where they protrude two ways, look one way for each set. When the light shines off a set just right, any bent wrong in that set will look as if a light is off. GL.
i7-3930K; Asus RIVE; G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 4x4GB DDR3 1866; MSI 7870 2GD5/OC; Crucial M4 SSD 256GB;
Corsair 1000HX; Corsair H100, 4x Excalibur 120mm PWM CPU Fan p-p, AS5; SB X-Fi Titanium Fata1ity Pro;
Dell U2412m IPS 1920x1200; Cooler Master HAF 932 case; Tripp-Lite OMNIVS1500 UPS fully Line-interactive.
(EVGA site: ) And I have a second (wife's) computer, Eve.

Overclocking is useless to me if it is not rock stable.