cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug Code 98 Problem, System Hangs on logo screen.

Retired
Not applicable
i recently ran into a prob, upon reboot or a turn on/off, the mobo will give the debug code 98 "console input devices connect" , so im assumin that means that my keboard/mouse arent being recognized? so what happens is, itll just sit at the ROG logo boot screen for a min or 2, then itll like reflash on the screen and fix itself... then itll go to windows. any idea on whats wrong/how to fix?

things ive tried: swapping usb ports for my usb mouse and keyboard and clearing cmos.
idk what else to do. my friend suggested unhookin my non OS hd's, so ill try that tonight when i get home from work.

it was workin fine over the weekend, then it just started happenin when i was swapping out my vid cards

this is my setup ... in case its needed

Case: LIAN LI PC-A05FNB Black
Mobo: Maximus IV Gene-Z
CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K
Vid Card: 2x MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II/OC GeForce GTX 560 Ti
SSD: Crucial M4 128GB SATA III MLC
... Secondary HD: 2x Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache and 1x Western Digital 2 TB Green Drive
RAM: Corsair 16 GB Vengeance (Standard) 1600mhz PC3-12800
PSU: Corsair Professional Series Gold High-Performance 850-Watt
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2
Lite-ON B-ray and DVD/RW drives
Plus, replacing the stock 120mm case fans with Noctua fans and adding in a Noctua 140mm fan.
Card reader for lulz - Rosewill 74 in 1
4 REPLIES 4

Retired
Not applicable
ok i also notice the red led glowing bright for the boot_device_led, does this mean there could be something wrong with my SSD?

Raja
Level 13
What UFI version are you running? Flash to the latest version, if not already using it.

Go down to a bare minimum of USB devices. Pull two DRAM modules and see if that affects how the board boots.

Also check your SSD firmware is up to date.

-Raja

Retired
Not applicable
ok so it says mobo vers is 1.xx, my bios is 0403 - 06.27.2011, turboV evo is 1.00.86, EPU v1.02.14, probe II v1.00.29, ai charger+ v1.00.06, digi vrm 1.00.31, fan xpert v1.00.43, sensor recorder 1.00.18, asus update v1.02.03 and my logo1.01.18 ... which is the UFI? lmao, i dont even kno what is UFI is lol ,

Retired
Not applicable
Had à problem that looked like this, was a video card issue... Maybe the same here?