cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dead rivebe, dead cpu or dead gpu?

Szeged
Level 7
Hey guys, was doing a few bench runs a minute ago and then my rig just shut down and wont turn back on, the lights on the RIVE Black are on, but when i hit the start button, nothing happens. If i unplug the psu cable till the lights go off then turn it back on, the system will start for half a second then shut itself down again and wont turn on till i repeat that process. So far nothing is working.

System specs are

i7 4930k
rampage iv black
evga 780ti classified
evga 1000w psu

need to know whats going on here, ive been trying to figure it out but so far nothing is working. I tried a different gpu in the system but it still does the same thing so i dont think its the gpu, leaving it to the cpu or mobo.

any help is appreciated.
7 REPLIES 7

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Have you cleared CMOS using the clear CMOS button in the I/O panel? or removing all power and the battery for a couple of hours if that fails....

Szeged
Level 7
figured out the problem, its the PSU, it went boom lol. Took a psu out of another rig and plugged everything in, works like a charm, another three rigs in my house with 100% working psus will not turn on when the dead psu is plugged in, so there we go lol. glad i dont have to tear everything down and start trouble shooting the cpu and mobo with other rigs here.

HiVizMan
Level 40
What codes if any come on the 2 digit LED poster?

Try with a different PSU
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hmmm OK well at least the problem is found...RIP EVGA PSU...it died a good death...get yourself a Seasonic X1050 or something like that....:)

Szeged
Level 7
ordered an evga 1000w P2 to replace it from amazon while i wait for the rma to go through, when i get the rma replacement in 5 or so days since holiday shipping with evga will go slow, ill return the "borrowed" psu to amazon so i can get to benching again on monday. i gotta break 14k on firestrike single gpu 😛 13949 so far, was trying to break it when the psu fried itself lol.

heres a quick video of what was happening before i figured out it was the psu, sorry for the terrible lighting but you get the idea.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Don't think that is very cool at all.

Thread closed.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.