cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crucial M4 SSD

BearCat
Level 10
Has anybody tried the new 010G firmware? Crucial states there may a problem with UEFI bios's. I can't find anything directly related to R4E or R4F though.
17 REPLIES 17

hsm06
Level 10
Try it.
Manual Boot File for Windows and Mac
http://edge.crucial.com/firmware/m4/010G/crucial-m4-010G-01-00.zip

Download , decompression , image burn to disc ,
reboot to uefi
change boot option priorities 1st is your cd/dvd/bd drive,
save change & reboot.

-----------------------------------------
M4 SSD 010G Windows® 7 & Windows 8 Updater Application <== This way Updater mode not Support UEFI
UEFI & RAID User use "Manual Boot File for Windows and Mac" Updater m4 firmware.

I successfully updated.

Nodens
Level 16
You don't have to enter the UEFI and change priorities, you can just hit F8 during post for Boot Menu to come up. If I understood correctly the updater does not support UEFI so make sure you do not boot the "UEFI:drive_name" option of your optical drive but the plain one instead.
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

BearCat
Level 10
Scary part is if you run into trouble, downgrading the firmware voids the warranty unless approved by Crucial Support. hsm06, have you noticed any performance improvements?

BearCat wrote:
Scary part is if you run into trouble, downgrading the firmware voids the warranty unless approved by Crucial Support. hsm06, have you noticed any performance improvements?

Windows 7 Ultimate ,
R4E ,
M4 128G SSD*2 RAID0 ,
Rapid Storage Technology Entreprise 3.5.0.1092 (ROM : 3.2.0.1022)

Did not pay attention to whether the performance upgrade.
010G firmware Use did not appear any problem.

AS SSD Benchmark 4K-64Thrd Slightly improved.

Can you provide a scrrenshot using Crystal Diskmark ??.....I would like to see a comparison with the new firmware update as I have had both the Crucial M4 128 GB & 256 GB versions running in Raid 0 before switching to the Samsung 830 128 GB in Raid 0......Was kinda dissappointed in the preformance in the SSD''s on the X-79 board vs the Asus Maximus Extreme Z-68 where the numbers were very impressive.
Asus ROG Maximus XI EXTREME
Intel i7 9900K OC'D @ 5.2 GHZ @ 1.345V (1.296V LOAD) LLC 6 PRIME 95 STABLE 8 HRS
XSPC RX360 Rad (6)Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850 RPM Fans In Push/Pull @ 1500 RPMS
Swiftech Drive II / Swiftech MCP35X Pump
Enermax Platimax 1200 Watt Power Supply
32GB G.Skill F4-3866C18Q-32GTZR 3866 MHZ CL18 1.35V (OC 4266MHZ 17-18-18-41-2T @1.45V)
MSI GTX 1070 SEA HAWK EK X SLI WITH ASUS HB RGB
(5)Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB In Raid 0
(2) WD 1TB Black Edition
Corsair 900 D

Phillyflyer wrote:
Can you provide a scrrenshot using Crystal Diskmark ??.....I would like to see a comparison with the new firmware update as I have had both the Crucial M4 128 GB & 256 GB versions running in Raid 0 before switching to the Samsung 830 128 GB in Raid 0......Was kinda dissappointed in the preformance in the SSD''s on the X-79 board vs the Asus Maximus Extreme Z-68 where the numbers were very impressive.

Do not upgrade to 010G I did with my M4 256GB and upon on boot the drive wasn't detected. Luckily after following the power cycle instructions I got it to boot and then downgraded to 0309 fyi the best firmware.

BearCat
Level 10
According to what I've been reading in the Crucial forums their working on a version of the firmware that is more UEFI friendly. I'm not sure why they would release something like this. Although some people have successfully installed it they've still run into detection errors, or worse. Think I'll hold off with this one.
Been running my single M4 since May. 50GB used 69GB free Firmware version 000F

mdzcpa
Level 12
I also find 0309 to be super stable. Until the UEFI compatiblity is addressed I am staying put.