cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crosshairV formulaZ i/o USBs

warmonger180
Level 7
this has happened before. using a cordless r.a.t. 9 mouse. battery died and changed it out and my rat stopped working, when it worked before batt died. I have a corded version and connected to a front USB, that worked fine. for the receiver I changed ports and now the 9 is working again, altho it didn't work in a front port. I think this is the 3rd time this has happened. would this be a sign of a USB ports/mobo prob? thx
ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z; FX 8350; Asus R9 390x Stryx; Samsung SyncMaster 2243SWX; PSU Corsair AX860i; 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3; Corsair M4 SSD 128GB, WD 1TB; x18 DVR212D; 7SP1
5 REPLIES 5

untore
Level 7
I am not able to charge my transformer tf101 through usb 3 😞

Greetings,

Was waiting to see if others have encountered this problem.

My first guess is that after your battery "died" in your mouse that you there is some type of "re-connect" process that you need to do OR that maybe there was a "re-connect" issue with USB 3.0

With that said I only plug storage devices into my USB 3.0 ports as I have found issues with devices (mainly keyboards and mice) connected to USB 3.0 not working when the system is POSTing or when installing a new OS (such as Windows 7).

What I would do to "test" your USB 3.0 Ports is to connect a storage device and do some file copying. You should be seeing some transfer rates of around 20 MB/s.

Also you didn't list your OS but it is very possible that an update from Microsoft may of affected a driver too.

Also there is an option in the BIOS which you need to turn on to allow the "quick charge" (ie: high current) of USB 3.0 ports too.

Hope this helps 🙂

[/HR]
For trouble-shooting tips see my blog at:

[/HR]
http://thenerdbench.blogspot.com/p/bench-testing.html

[/HR]
MB: Crosshair V Formula-Z • CPU: FX-8350 • GPU: Asus Matrix R9 280x • RAM: 8GB of Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer (1866)• PSU: Thermaltake DPS Thoughpower 750 Watt • CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio Advanced • Keyboard: TT Sports Challanger Ultimate • Mouse: TT Sports Black Element • Case: Thermaltake GT Level 10

[/HR]

warmonger180
Level 7
thx. whatever was wrong seems to have gone, so it very well could have been a reconnect prob. OS is 7SP1. no way in hell am I gonna touch 8
ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z; FX 8350; Asus R9 390x Stryx; Samsung SyncMaster 2243SWX; PSU Corsair AX860i; 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3; Corsair M4 SSD 128GB, WD 1TB; x18 DVR212D; 7SP1

TheNerdBench
Level 10
Thanks for getting back to posting a resolution...wish more people would let us know how things worked out so others can learn 🙂

I will say that Windows 8.1 seemed pretty peppy even using the default drivers...but my daily use OS is still Windows 7 Pro 🙂

[/HR]
For trouble-shooting tips see my blog at:

[/HR]
http://thenerdbench.blogspot.com/p/bench-testing.html

[/HR]
MB: Crosshair V Formula-Z • CPU: FX-8350 • GPU: Asus Matrix R9 280x • RAM: 8GB of Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer (1866)• PSU: Thermaltake DPS Thoughpower 750 Watt • CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio Advanced • Keyboard: TT Sports Challanger Ultimate • Mouse: TT Sports Black Element • Case: Thermaltake GT Level 10

[/HR]

warmonger180
Level 7
yeah, I've noticed that about a lot of forums, "...figured out what happen and all's well again...". gee, thx for telling us what it took to fix, and still no solutions. while there was no real fix to my prob, all I did was switch back to the port that my rat failed in. doesn't that'll work for anyone else tho