cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair V w/ FX-4100 Problems with hardware compatablity with windows instal.

Retired
Not applicable
Has anybody installed windows 7 with this combination? I get all the way to the complete install section and end up with an error message that windows could not complete install with current hardware. Is this a result of the new FX architecture or is it the 990 chipset thats so new that the copy of windows I'm using has drivers that won't support it? I've tried disabling every thing USB and removing dimms to declocking. Nothing takes..........:( Any Ideas?
3 REPLIES 3

NemesisChild
Level 12
Are you installing in RAID or AHCI mode that would need a driver for successful installation?
It's not the 990 chipset and shouldn't be due to the new FX CPU.
I couldn't get Win 7 to install with 2x4GB memory installed, went fine after removing one stick.
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
G.Skill TridentZ@ 3600MHz CL14 2x16GB
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FWT3 Ultra
Storage: WD Blue SN550 2TB NVMe M.2
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601

Retired
Not applicable
If you read the post it says that I removed a stick (dimm) and declocked everything. I've tried disabling usb and cpu functions like everything under the effing sun. If anybody has anything worth posting please let me know what is my options.

tswantek wrote:
If you read the post it says that I removed a stick (dimm) and declocked everything. I've tried disabling usb and cpu functions like everything under the effing sun. If anybody has anything worth posting please let me know what is my options.

Just trying to help and covering all bases, probably wasn't "worth" posting this though.

Good luck, no more assistance from me.
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
G.Skill TridentZ@ 3600MHz CL14 2x16GB
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FWT3 Ultra
Storage: WD Blue SN550 2TB NVMe M.2
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601