cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair V Network Problems

Retired
Not applicable
I just got my Crosshair V 990FX, However i am having Internet / Network problems.

Currently i have no internet access or network capabilities.

Looking in the device manager and under Network adapters it shows the Intel(R) 82574L Gigabit Network Connection, but the device status says 'The Device Could Not Start (Code 10).'
I am also getting this message on boot up 'Intel Boot Agent GE V.1.3.5.1 PXE-E05 has not started. LAN NVM configuration corrupted or has not been initialized. The BOOT Agent cannot continue.'

I have installed and tried reinstalling the drives from the disk...but no change

If anyone has some ideas i would be very thankful.

System:
ASUS Crosshair V Formula Motherboard
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T BE 3.30GHz
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Patriot Sector 7 12GB (3x4GB) DDR3 PC3-10666 1333MHz
Kingston HyperX KHX 1333CPD3B1/4GB (1x4GB) DDR3 PC3-1333MHz
SPARTA-1000W APE-1100F SSU
SAPHIRE ATI RADEON HD6970 2GB GDDR5
16 REPLIES 16

go into bios first as soon as i put it in oc mode the bios kicked off the options for my HD audio and ethernet so go into bios and make sure your ethernet isnt disabled

Raja
Level 13
Hi Iwan,

There is a utility you can try as a fix (it will flash the MAC address). You will need to run this under DOS though:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/wlbd2ob1p8rza6i/82583V.rar

Also, can you please PM me the serial number of your board please?

-Raja

Retired
Not applicable
Hi Raja,
I will run the test and let you know.
The S/N is B6M0AC019998
I just spoke to Asus South-Africa and they informed me that at a nominal fee they will repair the board....I am a bit disappointed with the reply because the board is brand new, why must I pay if I have a 3 year warranty and the board is about 2 weeks old?
Thanks,
Iwan

Iwan wrote:
Hi Raja,
I will run the test and let you know.
The S/N is B6M0AC019998
I just spoke to Asus South-Africa and they informed me that at a nominal fee they will repair the board....I am a bit disappointed with the reply because the board is brand new, why must I pay if I have a 3 year warranty and the board is about 2 weeks old?
Thanks,
Iwan

Get an email address from them and forward it to me via a private message please.

-Raja

Retired
Not applicable
Hi Raja,

Any news on getting this board swapped out in South Africa? Thanks Iwan

Raja
Level 13
Hi Iwan,

PM the SA guys once again and see if they can get you a board from HQ, I will try to do what I can given the nature of the issue.

You took a huge gamble in buying a board from abroad when SA has no stock. Please do not do this again as we cannot offer warranty on products that are shipped abroad. If the product is not available in your region then the purchase is 100% at your own risk. I have to say this on a public forum; to prevent other users going through what you are now experiencing.

-Raja