cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair V Network Problems

Retired
Not applicable
I just got my Crosshair V 990FX, However i am having Internet / Network problems.

Currently i have no internet access or network capabilities.

Looking in the device manager and under Network adapters it shows the Intel(R) 82574L Gigabit Network Connection, but the device status says 'The Device Could Not Start (Code 10).'
I am also getting this message on boot up 'Intel Boot Agent GE V.1.3.5.1 PXE-E05 has not started. LAN NVM configuration corrupted or has not been initialized. The BOOT Agent cannot continue.'

I have installed and tried reinstalling the drives from the disk...but no change

If anyone has some ideas i would be very thankful.

System:
ASUS Crosshair V Formula Motherboard
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T BE 3.30GHz
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Patriot Sector 7 12GB (3x4GB) DDR3 PC3-10666 1333MHz
Kingston HyperX KHX 1333CPD3B1/4GB (1x4GB) DDR3 PC3-1333MHz
SPARTA-1000W APE-1100F SSU
SAPHIRE ATI RADEON HD6970 2GB GDDR5
16 REPLIES 16

Retired
Not applicable
Hi there,i was about to open a thread like this too i got the exact same issues...i bought the mobo yesterday and since then i can't make its Network adaptor to work :(...i did a hdd format,clean windows install,enabled it in bios,updated the bios,installed the drivers from disk also tried with the drivers from Asus/Intel sites...no freaking luck :(...and i'm so pissed off cuz i payed a lot for this mobo...and btw except the network issue everything esle seems to work fine...oh and something else if i clear cmos,the led from the network adaptor lights for like a fraction of second and the ethernet led from the modem stays on till the windows 7 logo screen after that it goes off,atm i'm using a cheap PCI network card...

EAC
Level 7
Unfortunately, it sounds like the network controller is faulty. A couple of others on this forum have had the same problem and had to RMA their boards. 😞

When working, the controller should show up as an Intel(R) 82583V Gigabit Network Connection.

[Edit] The problem Khaine is having sounds like a different issue. There are problems with the driver for the 82583V on the Crosshair V, see other threads on this forum and the HardOCP forum. Basically, you need to use the beta driver on the download page for the Crosshair IV Extreme.

Retired
Not applicable
Mine shows like Intel(R) 82574L Gigabit damn 😞 so this means i gotta RMA it?...pfff

EAC
Level 7
It would seem so 😞 Really an odd problem, not sure why a fault would cause the controller to me mis-identified.

Might be worth getting Raja's input before you RMA just in case he's aware of a fix.

Retired
Not applicable
Just took another look into the bios and in the bios the network card is Intel 82583...where in windows is shown in the device manager as Intel(R) 82574L Gigabit Network Connection 😞

Raja
Level 13
If you are seeing Code 10 in device manager then RMA the board.

-Raja

Retired
Not applicable
Hi Raja
Mine shows a code 10 in the device manager?
What is the RMA procedure?

Iwan wrote:
Hi Raja
Mine shows a code 10 in the device manager?
What is the RMA procedure?

Depends where you are based, if less than 30days from purchase then you can return to the retailer in some locations. There should be a support site for your region. If you are US based, drop me a PM.

-Raja

Retired
Not applicable
Hi Raja,
I is less than 30 days, but I got it from ExcaliburPC in USA and I am in South-Africa what would be the best, if I send it back to USA it is shipping costs but this product is not available at Asus-SA yet so I don't know if they will RMA it here local?