cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair V Formula-Z Connections

Devious_st
Level 7
silly question... Its running just fine but want to know if it needs to be done...

Running a FX 9590 on the V formula-Z and i have the 24 pin and 8 pin power plugged in at the mo, just want to know if i need to plug in the 4 pin power too as seen videos of set up with all 3 plugged in :confused:

Plus anyone know why i'm getting Q-Code 40? after Bios update its gone from being on FF to 40 when running, never put my Rigs into Sleep mode, always shutdown and confussed as i hear Q-Code 40 is something to do with S4 Sleep....
8 REPLIES 8

Dr__Zchivago
Level 12
If you mean the 4-pin EZ_Plug, then you don't necessarily need it. The manual recommends using the EZ_Plug when running multiple GPUs.

I'm not sure about the Q_Code.

Z

randyenergy
Level 10
That CPU requires a lot of power. You MUST connect that 4 pin.
The 4-pin EZ_Plug (something different altogether) is to give more power if you are running CF or SLI.

randyenergy wrote:
That CPU requires a lot of power. You MUST connect that 4 pin.
The 4-pin EZ_Plug (something different altogether) is to give more power if you are running CF or SLI.

yeah??? is that why sometimes in game it freezes for couple milisecs??

Devious_st wrote:
yeah??? is that why sometimes in game it freezes for couple milisecs??

Nobody is going to be able to help you without knowing the specs of your rig.

randyenergy wrote:
Nobody is going to be able to help you without knowing the specs of your rig.

crosshair v formula-z
fx 9590
16gb kingston hyper x fury ram
evga gtx 780ti 3gb sc
x2 240gb hyper x 3k ssd in raid 0
WD black 1tb hhd

custom wc on cpu

Devious_st wrote:
crosshair v formula-z
fx 9590
16gb kingston hyper x fury ram
evga gtx 780ti 3gb sc
x2 240gb hyper x 3k ssd in raid 0
WD black 1tb hhd

custom wc on cpu

What is your PSU? You will need at least an 850W gold or platinum certified.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

Dr__Zchivago
Level 12
I just looked again at my mainboard, and I realized that I forgot there is an 8 and 4 pin for the CPU - lol. Yeah dude, populate all of it.

Z

Florin
Level 7
My Corsair CX750M PSU has only 4+4 CPU Pin connector, i don`t have an additional 4 pin CPU connector ... are there any adapters for this or i shouldn`t worry about it ? System runs just fine as it is now ... though i would put a custom cooler on the VRM cooler .. that thing is so hot i can`t touch it.
i7-4790k + Corsair H80i | Asus Maximus VII Ranger | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1866 | Sapphire R9-290 OC Vapor-X 4GB | Asus Xonar Phoebus + Audio Technica M50 | 1xSSD Corsair 120 GB | 4x1 TB Seagate HDD | Corsair CX750M | Corsair Carbide 300R | Razer Taipan + Logitech G11 | Windows 10 64bit